Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Long night and light source?

I am brand new and just trying out different things and learning.

Night fell and I was pretty much blind! It gets REALLY DARK!

Is there a light that you can make - lantern or torch type item? I know there is Fire Building (have not tried it yet) but I am looking for something you can carry with you.

Thanks - I tried searching and can't figure out the correct keyword??

I've hear that they are planning something like torches for a near future, but there nothing set in stone atm, the only way to make somekind of fire right now is via Fire building for a static fire.

Thanks I was afraid of that lol

I was wondering that same thing... That's the biggest criticism of the game I have right now. As a newbie I am dumped into the wild with no explaination of how I got here or any background of the world I'm in. When I first entered the game it was almost pitch dark so I even wondered if my gamma was set wrong for the game.

I think a lot needs to be done to make this game newbie friendly.

That's true the game isn't newbie friendly right now. I think there are plans to create some kind of newbie island. Devs are working hard to make the game ready for launch so be patient.

For now I can recommend tutorials and guides by Saintbob and Willboney.

Personally night time isn't a problem for me I even suggested it should be darker! I played for a week or so before I even realised there was a day and night cycle! I mean especially compared with MO now that does get dark!

Yeah, it would be nice to have it darker then it currently is, but only when we're able to make some type of mobile light source, that'd just annoy too many players... Little stuff like that can make or break a game for some ppl.

The darkness at night is entirely based on the cycle of the moon...Just like you can find the time of day based on where the shadow of a tree is etc...if its a full moon it will be bright out, a new moon...good luck seeing your hand hehe.

I also have been an advocate for mobile lighting since last summer...but it's got to be more complex than just throwing a "Greater Mana Orb" into your off hand slot...

Torch - Branch<rags ( tar if it ever comes around )
    Candle - Animal fat<cloth scrap
    Earthernware - Clay molded into a lamp of sorts, cloth for a wick, fish oil or even oil from particular plants can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meziahn View Post
    Torch - Branch<rags ( tar if it ever comes around )
    Candle - Animal fat<cloth scrap
    Earthernware - Clay molded into a lamp of sorts, cloth for a wick, fish oil or even oil from particular plants can work.
    Yeah, this could be cool