Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Long night and light source?

I am brand new and just trying out different things and learning.

Night fell and I was pretty much blind! It gets REALLY DARK!

Is there a light that you can make - lantern or torch type item? I know there is Fire Building (have not tried it yet) but I am looking for something you can carry with you.

Thanks - I tried searching and can't figure out the correct keyword??

I've hear that they are planning something like torches for a near future, but there nothing set in stone atm, the only way to make somekind of fire right now is via Fire building for a static fire.

Thanks I was afraid of that lol

I was wondering that same thing... That's the biggest criticism of the game I have right now. As a newbie I am dumped into the wild with no explaination of how I got here or any background of the world I'm in. When I first entered the game it was almost pitch dark so I even wondered if my gamma was set wrong for the game.

I think a lot needs to be done to make this game newbie friendly.

That's true the game isn't newbie friendly right now. I think there are plans to create some kind of newbie island. Devs are working hard to make the game ready for launch so be patient.

For now I can recommend tutorials and guides by Saintbob and Willboney.

Personally night time isn't a problem for me I even suggested it should be darker! I played for a week or so before I even realised there was a day and night cycle! I mean especially compared with MO now that does get dark!

Quote Originally Posted by mappam View Post
    I am brand new and just trying out different things and learning.

Night fell and I was pretty much blind! It gets REALLY DARK!

Is there a light that you can make - lantern or torch type item? I know there is Fire Building (have not tried it yet) but I am looking for something you can carry with you.

Thanks - I tried searching and can't figure out the correct keyword??
    You ought to have joined earlier, you would have seen true night then. It is quite a bright night now a days if you ask me.
    But torches would still be neat.