Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xsyon...a sandboxdream come true...but...

it needs more work. to be honest the combatsystem is horrible and a real sandbox mmo needs beside of crafting, exploring and socializing open pvp with a nice combatsystem.
    for the people who hates open pvp in xsyon: why dont you play minecraft?

i need the thrill in a sandboxgame to be killed everytime everywhere, its the spice in xsyon. sure, after release eveybody needs first to build up his village/kingdom, but after that i wish to have territorial conflicts, politics between villages and tribes, thats the longterm motivation to play this game.

the animations need a little bit more love too, for example it looks really weird when u sprint.

i hope the devs dont forget the pvper in xysion, a good sandbox needs it.

cya ingame

i need the thrill in a sandboxgame to be killed everytime everywhere, its the spice in xsyon. sure, after release eveybody needs first to build up his village/kingdom, but after that i wish to have territorial conflicts, politics between villages and tribes, thats the longterm motivation to play this game.
    It will have all this, and there is a combat system relook going on right now actually. Look for changes in the combat system in the future.

Don't think any of us hate PvP, We just don't want PvP to be what the world is based off of.

it would be really awesome if we would have a couple of bad people (reds, PK) and the counterpart some good guys (blue, anti-pk) who are fighting each other as it was in ultima online.

Combat system needs some love and it will get it(hopfuly soon). Most of the community is fine with open PvP("carebears" included), penalties are severe enough to prevent mindless killing and we have ways to guard ourselves from PK'ers that'll choose "the dark side". I sure good aligned tribes will form aliances and guard their lands. Also bounty hunting communities are forming aleady.

World without conflict and politics would be boring especially when content is player made. I just hope it won't turn out to be a gankfest couse that will drive away more peaceful minded part of the community and high quality items might be hard to get.
    So keep that in mind "evildoers".

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Combat system needs some love and it will get it(hopfuly soon). Most of the community is fine with open PvP("carebears" included), penalties are severe enough to prevent mindless killing and we have ways to guard ourselves from PK'ers that'll choose "the dark side". I sure good aligned tribes will form aliances and guard their lands. Also bounty hunting communities are forming aleady.

World without conflict and politics would be boring especially when content is player made. I just hope it won't turn out to be a gankfest couse that will drive away more peaceful minded part of the community and high quality items might be hard to get.
    So keep that in mind "evildoers".
    exactly, thats my point of view

Xsyon himself has stated that "ganking" and "griefing" will be dealt with severely, it is not the heart of the game for it to be played that way. Open pvp is one thing, but ruining the game for others is another. Rest assured the open pvp here will be a good thing. I think it will be unlike any other sandbox pvp style, however, only time will tell.

I agree with naughty, PvP is a very important factor of a game and usually is the icing on the cake. Something that keeps players motivated for a long time and also adds a bit of a thrill. It has worked very well in other games and I am certain it will work well for Xsyon.

I can understand the need for safe zones and I believe they are okay as long as there are not too many of them. Having every tribe controlled area in the world being a safe zone for everybody is an example of too many safe zones in my opinion, especially since one can drop a tribe instantly almost anywhere without the need for any resources or skills.

If players of tribe A can be attacked anywhere when tribe B declares war on tribe A, thats okayish for now tho. And removing safe zones after half a year+ will be nice but thats such a long time for a game. I dont see the need for safe zones that long. Imho 2-3 months would suffice.

Looking forward to territorial conflicts and raiding parties. After all, this is society reforming after an apocalypse. Don't expect everybody to hold hands and sing along.

thanks for the link, very interesting