View Poll Results: Is the game ready for launch?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 64.12%
  • No

47 35.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I voted no because it still needs a bit more people and features. The combat system should without a doubt, be in before launch. Such a feature can kill the reputation and rating of a game. Especially from what we have now, which is horrible. I also hope to see some agriculture...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    I mean seriously I havn't played Xyson in quite awhile but it seems as though the same old bugs are still around. Do you guys feel the game is ready for launch the way it is? I have seen this too many times before, where developers launch hoping that they can fix the bugs during the launch and plan for future add-ons "combat" that should be finished before the game ever sees live.

I have tons of hope for this game an by no means wanna see it fail but lets not fall in the footsteps of another "post-promiser" that failed.

Do you think its ready?
    Well no really and how could it be? There are still some fundamental errors in the game the most obvious one being the way your avatar interacts with the terraformed terrain - sometimes you stick on it, sometimes you can't jump over it, sometimes you can not move normally over it. Also the insane loading times to actually start the game. Also how the hell is combat going to be significantly improved in just a few weeks.

But hell I am still going to be playing it when it does release.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    TBH it isn't ready to be released with the bugs and issues in the game, but for being an indi company with a low budget and a small staff, it's what to be expected.

I can understand the need to get some initial cash flow in to help maintain the game and the staff, so by that I am fine with it being released. I think it will be better received if they are straight up and honest with it by stating there are a number of issues with the game that are being actively worked on. That the user should not expect a perfect and polished game by any means, but that there is a need for revenue generation to continue with development.

Hell, we are all here cause we shelled out the $40 + 2 months gameplay because we understand the situation. They are also giving us 2 months, so it tells us they are doing it for raising capital rather than trying to pull a fast one on us. Look at FFXIV they have yet to even charge for monthly fees cause the game is shit and the promised so much. Lying will just piss off the user base.

Just be straight and upfront about the current situation.
    Great post.

Hello, I'm a new player and only bought this game two days ago. I played for some good hours, joined a tribe and had lots of fun. Here's my point of view:
    Technically, the game is far from ready. Financially, it has to release. I bought the game thinking "Even if it's bad and unplayable at least I'll be giving developers a credit for having balls to stand out in the horrible mmo market of today". What it needs now is more developers working on it. So far, I get the feeling that there is only one genius doing all the work. To higher more people he needs money. We are his money and I bet that most of us are ready to pay, even realizing the product isn't ready yet.
    I have no problem playing an unfinished, evolving, growing game as long as there are no character wipes and the developers are serious about not letting cheaters in. There's pretty much only one thing that will make me stop playing the game: seeing that it's become another macro-fest where whole clans/tribes macro in their tribe areas 24/7 to have all their skills at top, just like it was with Darkfall.
    Other than that, the game needs time and I'm sure most of it's current playerbase are ready to wait and support it all the way to the top.

i voted yes becaue the game is no worse than any other mmo when it comes out it has a great idea behind and and the devs take player wants into account when making new content. the game might be buggy right now but it will get better once money is flowing in.

I think it is ready just need some "few" feature to be effective:
    -more annimals
    -cooking
    -utility of the comfort jauge
    -and the more important ever mentionned: decay of item. If there not game will be rush in few days and very soon everyone will have everythings.

The other thing i worried about is if it become necessary to clean the world for patching...

So far I like it better than I did DF the first month it came out and Mortal the one week I played it close to release. So I think it's ready. I've only been playing for 4 or 5 days though lol. It's definitely worth the pre-order. We'll see if it's worth the monthly in two months (I'd say yes).

Seems like the ones who don't think it's should be out are the ones that want to fight everything. I want to fight too, but I want gear/living stuff first which will take a while solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauleh View Post
    I'm just worried of the chances of a server wipe been needed after prelude for the implementation of patches and features.
    A wipe after prelude goes live would to a disaster, I doubt I'd continue playing if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    I

I have tons of hope for this game an by no means wanna see it fail but lets not fall in the footsteps of another "post-promiser" that failed.

Do you think its ready?
    well well well glad to see more exiled from MO; this should proove interesting to meet old friends and old enemies of course XD

Ah I prefer to start fresh here and not bring any baggage with me.