Problem with resolution in fullscreen

Hey guys.

I just got this game, and everything works okay except that if I go to options and choose "Fullscreen: Any of the resolutions", the screen will get squeezed together.

In the character creator my "Avatar" get's so big that I only see the from the chest to the knees of it.

The ui stays the same as in windowed mode, no problems with that, it's only the game that get's squeezed together.

obviously this affects how it looks in game too, and if you ever tried playing a game with the wrong aspect ratio you know how it feels, camera will move up and down very fast, and from side to side very slow, because the screen is squeezed together.

Game works and is in the correct aspect ratio in windowed mode, only problem I had in windowed mode was my mouse not actually pointing where I placed it, so that I had to point below the buttons and in-game objects, to click on it.

So how do I get to play this game in fullscreen mode with the correct aspect ratio?

I have 3x 22" widescreen monitors set up on eyefinity, but as i said before, regardless if I choose 1680x1050 (single monitor) or all three, the same thing happens.

Have Ati Radeon HD5870, And have tried both old drivers, and new.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance.

Haakhen

I'm guessing that the graphics driver upgrade forced you to reboot. Therefore, you can skip tech support question #1: "did you reboot?"
    I had multiple problems when I changed resolutions in windowed mode. I had to go full screen to select a larger resolution. Only then did the mouse pointer match the actual mouse movement/location.
    Would it be possible to go to a single monitor just to see if it works? I'm thinking you could find the problem if you get your configuration as simple as possible and add one things at a time. I'd start with one screen and any additional software disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatroux View Post
    I'm guessing that the graphics driver upgrade forced you to reboot. Therefore, you can skip tech support question #1: "did you reboot?"
    I had multiple problems when I changed resolutions in windowed mode. I had to go full screen to select a larger resolution. Only then did the mouse pointer match the actual mouse movement/location.
    Would it be possible to go to a single monitor just to see if it works? I'm thinking you could find the problem if you get your configuration as simple as possible and add one things at a time. I'd start with one screen and any additional software disabled.
    Yes, the driver upgrade forced me to reboot, twice

But you are thinking that the eyefinity is making the problems here?.. If i choose 1680x1050 (single monitor) in other games, it will just copy whatever is on the main screen to the 2 additional screens, which it does in this game too, so I don't know.

it shouldn't squeeze the image like it does.

I really don't know how to solve this, I could play in windowed mode, but it's not quite the same as playing games in fullscreen.

If you can't solve the problem,send a mail to support, they will help you out.

Yes, you were correct good sir.

With Eyefinity what you do is, you make a group in "Catalyst Control Center" where you arrange your 3 monitor to be as one.

What happens in other games is, that when you set it to a single monitor WITH Eyefinity on (in my case 1680x1050) it would look away from your eyefinity settings and just show the game as normal on your 1 monitor, and then copy whatever you saw to your two additional monitors.

Now Xsyon doesn't do this, appearently it still see the eyefinity to be on, it will show as if everything is working correctly on login screen, by showing it on main monitor and copying that to the two additional monitors, but when you get to character-create and ingame, then it wants to compensate by expanding the height, cause it thinks your running it on all 3 monitors as 1.

So what you get is an extremly zoomed-in and squeezed image.

Hard to explain better than that.

I don't know if the devs can fix this somehow, I mean, I never had to disable the eyefinity group before.

It's a shame that there is a problem, but at least it is identified. Shoot it over to the developers and maybe they'll get a fix for you. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatroux View Post
    It's a shame that there is a problem, but at least it is identified. Shoot it over to the developers and maybe they'll get a fix for you. Best wishes.
    Should i send an email or just post it bug section?

I'd just drop a note to them at http://www.xsyon.com/support