Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lol my last post explains how... Can't be killed on tribal tert... Devs might need to adjusts a few things... Not sure if one non-tribe player can kill another non-tribe player on a 3rd party tribe zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Lol my last post explains how... Can't be killed on tribal tert... Devs might need to adjusts a few things... Not sure if one non-tribe player can kill another non-tribe player on a 3rd party tribe zone...
    He probably can, safe zone should be only for tribe members.

Back to the topic. Starting poitns should be "tribe free", it'll be like the time when someone said on a global chat how to crash a server and server was crashing every 10 min.

If nothing is changed I'm guessing after one day live every staring point will be a pit. And there's another problem with people camping spawn points and ganking new players,
    I know it open PvP but some kind of 1 hour loot free time after first login would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Simple fix to this. All debs have to do is place a max size tribal totem next to each starting point. Thisll give every new player the time to get situated ingame without being ganked on login.
    well....only tribe members are immune from attacks in tribal areas (unless this has changed)...so just a totem wont really do the trick.

But I'm guesing if someone starts to do this type of activity...Jooky is a hands on type of guy, and can send guide or himself there with god skills and deal with any issue. I'd hate to see some artifical rules put in that would be obselete in a week and people calling to have it removed.

Yeah, this is a little ridiculous. Starting points should act like tribe totems in that noone can build a totem within so many meters and players get protection. I don't want to see the griefers ruin people's first impression of the game by killing them on spawn or having them spawn in a terraformed hole.

Xsyon Citizen
    I love people. Very inventive.

Having not played the game before, what happens if you die in this pit? Do you respawn there, or somewhere else?

When you die you turn into a ghost for a minimum of about 30 seconds and can run around and respawn where your ghost ends up, but you are still bound by the same physics restrictions as a live character. So you are still stuck in the pit until the player that dug it decides to let you out (if they are even online). It's pretty much a show-stopper.

Hope this gets sorted soon! While I hate any kind of safe zones usually, the starter area in a world so open and modifiable as Xsyon certainly needs some sort of protection from terraforming/building to at least give new players a running chance on entry.

It occured to me that a simple solution ( in theory) would be to just turn the hard coded spawn POS into unterraformable land like Granite. This would prevent pits being dug, but would not address the totem/safezone/ spawn killing.

I also wanted to add, I did not do this to grief people or to ruin anyone's experience. It was within the game mechanics, and while it could have been addressed completely within the Forums, with the short amount of time left before final wipe and launch, I took a more Egyptian Protest approach. Apologies to anyone who was offended.

Its still in Beta, I wouldnt have done this on a Live server.

Quote Originally Posted by Valr View Post
    Apologies to anyone who was offended.
    No hard feelings.

It's good to expose the flaws so they can be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0dUs101 View Post
    Hope this gets sorted soon! While I hate any kind of safe zones usually, the starter area in a world so open and modifiable as Xsyon certainly needs some sort of protection from terraforming/building to at least give new players a running chance on entry.
    I agree with this. I hate to see "safe zones" in a world PvP game, but when some player decides to do something like that to a new player it will hurt Xsyon and keep new players from playing. So I do hope this gets sorted out. I remember in DFO you would get like a 24 hour (something like that) newbie buff that keeps players from killing you. Might be something they can do here.