Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toddesloan View Post
    I will have to agree here.

6 months?? wtf
    Why are you surprised ? The Feature list of the game you bought says 'Player owned protected housing.' It could even mean the whole lifetime of the game, but let's think it only mean Prelude times. Prelude will last for like 6-9 months, closer to 9 months probably.

3 months carebearheaven would be okay...but 6-9???
    what you wanna do 9 months ingame? crafting stuff? this would be very boring

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Yes there is a lot of people that are delusional my friend. And I stand by what I said, If you want a game made around PVP go to DF. If you want a game made around Tribes stay here. PVP wars will be over tribal expansion areas.
    I play DF. Anyway...............................

Xsyon has open-PvP. PvP isn't going to only happen when someone wants an area. PvP will happen simply because it's ingame, especially as open-pvp with loot.

You don't advertise open-PvP with looting and not expect to attract people who want to focus on it.

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    3 months carebearheaven would be okay...but 6-9???
    what you wanna do 9 months ingame? crafting stuff? this would be very boring
    Tribe sieges won't be in for 6-9 more months, thats a fact, its not worth to argue about it. Personally I can go for years with crafting, building and exploring, destroying things doesn't mean any fun for me. If you want more excitement, choose to be evil, that way the carebear heaven disappears and you can be killed anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Tribe sieges won't be in for 6-9 more months, thats a fact, its not worth to argue about it. Personally I can go for years with crafting, building and exploring, destroying things doesn't mean any fun for me. If you want more excitement, choose to be evil, that way the carebear heaven disappears and you can be killed anywhere
    i would like to play as evil, but the alignmentsystem is not really implemented. nobody knows exactly how it is with an evil tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    i would like to play as evil, but the alignmentsystem is not really implemented. nobody knows exactly how it is with an evil tribe.
    I had the impression that it is implemented, only switched off for now. I may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    it would be better if it takes only 1 month to build up stuff instead of 6.

because you carebears will think you wasted 6 months of your live and crying quit the game while 1 month maybe wont be that hard to take for you.
    This man speaks the truth.

To make this post apocalyptic world truly immersive, I think there needs to be a certain degree of savagery. Xsyon has a good idea with the sandbox, but the problem with sandboxes is, you need to have something to do other than just building things for the sake of building things. Otherwise you'll end up with a world full of stuff, but nothing meaningful to do with it. If what I'm hearing is that the point of the game is to hold hands and build straw hats, well then I was very misled by the sales pitch.

Conquest and the meta-game are essential to any good sandbox game as far as I'm concerned. They give life to the world and meaning to your actions, so the things you craft are more than just trophies on the wall. Having solid PvP 'open world' mechanics like looting, limited safe zones, and conquest/destruction mechanics from the beginning of the game launch will make sure that the world builds organically, and maintains its authentic feel.

If all of this is planned for after 'Prelude', then just call Prelude how it is... beta. People will complain and leave the game if they sense 6 months of their hard work threatened, so the crafting side really needs to be balanced so that things can be created and destroyed at a healthy and non-frustrating pace. Communities will arise because hey, it's easier to defend your stuff with 20 people as opposed to 5. And if your 20 person community gets ransacked by a 50 person community, realize that you had a ton of fun anyways and move on to the next goal, or stop playing MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    This man speaks the truth.

To make this post apocalyptic world truly immersive, I think there needs to be a certain degree of savagery. Xsyon has a good idea with the sandbox, but the problem with sandboxes is, you need to have something to do other than just building things for the sake of building things. Otherwise you'll end up with a world full of stuff, but nothing meaningful to do with it. If what I'm hearing is that the point of the game is to hold hands and build straw hats, well then I was very misled by the sales pitch.

Conquest and the meta-game are essential to any good sandbox game as far as I'm concerned. They give life to the world and meaning to your actions, so the things you craft are more than just trophies on the wall. Having solid PvP 'open world' mechanics like looting, limited safe zones, and conquest/destruction mechanics from the beginning of the game launch will make sure that the world builds organically, and maintains its authentic feel.

If all of this is planned for after 'Prelude', then just call Prelude how it is... beta. People will complain and leave the game if they sense 6 months of their hard work threatened, so the crafting side really needs to be balanced so that things can be created and destroyed at a healthy and non-frustrating pace. Communities will arise because hey, it's easier to defend your stuff with 20 people as opposed to 5. And if your 20 person community gets ransacked by a 50 person community, realize that you had a ton of fun anyways and move on to the next goal, or stop playing MMORPGs.
    QFT 100%

Hey, anyone know how to change your forum display name? lol

that would be a great idea have pvp set into an expansion area if a tribe wants to expand but dont let people lose the actual town the worked hard to build that will cause more damage than good in this game i think. from what i gather this game is more along the lines of a game that is more about building and prospering than about killing and taking over other peoples land. also from what i gather the "pvpers" that are coming here are mainly just looking for an easy gank or target not real pvp challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    that would be a great idea have pvp set into an expansion area if a tribe wants to expand but dont let people lose the actual town the worked hard to build that will cause more damage than good in this game i think. from what i gather this game is more along the lines of a game that is more about building and prospering than about killing and taking over other peoples land. also from what i gather the "pvpers" that are coming here are mainly just looking for an easy gank or target not real pvp challenge.
    That is always the fallback statement of a "carebear".

If anything, the "PvPers" are wanting more dynamic gameplay.