Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    i was thinking more along the lines of several penalties for the tribe camping the smaller tribes and griefers. like if you kill someone in x amount of time they become invulnerable for a set amount of time. don't get me wrong here i love pvp and i love the idea of open pvp in games i would just hate to see some 5 man tribe minding their business and keep getting griefed by another tribe just because they can. from what i gather this game is going to be mostly tradeskillers and crafters which i love a good crafting system in game. if they allow for tribes to be camped 24/7 people are going to quit the game ive seen it in most other mmo you cant do anything so you just quit. a lot of really good ideas in this thread keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    i was thinking more along the lines of several penalties for the tribe camping the smaller tribes and griefers. like if you kill someone in x amount of time they become invulnerable for a set amount of time. don't get me wrong here i love pvp and i love the idea of open pvp in games i would just hate to see some 5 man tribe minding their business and keep getting griefed by another tribe just because they can. from what i gather this game is going to be mostly tradeskillers and crafters which i love a good crafting system in game. if they allow for tribes to be camped 24/7 people are going to quit the game ive seen it in most other mmo you cant do anything so you just quit. a lot of really good ideas in this thread keep it going.
    That could work too but only if it applies when people respaw in their tribal area, otherwise it can be exploited to kill mobs, when fighting over non-claimed resources etc. I'm really only in favor of this if it does in fact become a problem. I honestly don't think it will, but I guess it would an easy solution to implement immunity protections if necessary.

Well i think there is a reason for just building and crafting in the Prelude.
    Just look at features not activ yet, i dont think it is gonna be that easy to conquer and camp a tribe. I played Eve as well for 5 Years, of course pvp was daily buisiness but no pvp without logistics. I just hope there is more brain related pvp instead of the nowdays
    griefing, ganking, no effor i have bigger gun and numbers killing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolomc View Post
    Well i think there is a reason for just building and crafting in the Prelude.
    Just look at features not activ yet, i dont think it is gonna be that easy to conquer and camp a tribe.
    /this

from what i have experienced so far, you start this game with literally nothing. you can't just run around and kill people. your gonna have to be nice for a few, make relationships and trade to get what you need. if you want to go the evil pk route, your gonna have to plan and do it accordingly to the community your going to hunt. almost like a serial killer....lol!

this game will not be a quake fest like DF. it moves too slow. but thats fine, dont let me saying that scare you off.

i played UO/SB/DF and some EvE. I love PvP and at times I have grieved PKd for sport.

and I like this game.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    just say for instance a 40 man tribe wants to grief a 5 man tribe whats to keep the 40man from just staying outside the tribes area and making it impossible for the 5 man tribe to leave there tribe area causing them to quit the game just because people want to be assholes. should be some mechanic in place so this wont happen
    Welcome to Sandbox. The small tribe has to activate his political methods maybe form alliances with other small tribes and grief the hit out of the 40 man tribe. simple

I was still downloading the patch before leaving for work this morning so I haven't even been in the game. That being said I really perfer consentual PVP. Yeah I am a carebear. I like some PVP but I don't like it always there and having to worry at all times. Sometimes I just want to sit back and enjoy the game. As far as seeing a city built and then soon after burnt to the ground by a bunch of kids looking to make trouble doesn't really appeal to me.

Now some type of Arena combat or something like that. I like that idea.

Oh thank god this game isnt for you Prince. Youve already caused the MO community enough heartache. By the way, how is your empire faring in MO? Oh, thats right...

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Welcome to Sandbox. The small tribe has to activate his political methods maybe form alliances with other small tribes and grief the hit out of the 40 man tribe. simple
    Jooky said griefing is not allowed in the game, so I wouldn't recommand that. If griefing becomes a playstyle for some he will shift the balance so that would only bring more severe punishments for evils. Not a good idea.

I'm debating on if I should get this game and have been going through some threads to get a better idea about it all. I'm for PvP, wars, etc, but it has to be controlled somehow. Punish people for it. What was it in UO 8 12 hours per murder count? You could go red only 3 times before it was permanent? Let people put bounties on their killer etc. Even the biggest tribe would have go into hiding if they kill to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Jooky said griefing is not allowed in the game, so I wouldn't recommand that. If griefing becomes a playstyle for some he will shift the balance so that would only bring more severe punishments for evils. Not a good idea.
    This truly must be your first MMO that you followed pre-launch. You are a very very delusional person.