Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation A major concern.....xyson 2 carebear

I'm looking to buy the game but what I've heard is that xyson is not really a sandbox but really sim online or bob the builder.

explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.

but from what i heard...there's no plans for conquering towns etc

so the PVP is already lackluster, and also meaningless...

just wondering if this is true? ...because this really sucks for someone like me, who likes to build empires and conquer others.

plus without seiging, conquering,expanding ..politics is going to be so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.
    These are not possible in Xsyon, so yeah, seems the game is not for you.

As far as i understand it you can't conquere other tribes atm. But i already heard that the next Evolution step in 6-9 month is called Tribe Wars....and its understandable because this world need to be build up first before you can conquer anything

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    As far as i understand it you can't conquere other tribes atm. But i already heard that the next Evolution step in 6-9 month is called Tribe Wars....and its understandable because this world need to be build up first before you can conquer anything
    Terrible idea by Jooky, in my opinion. Once conquering of tribal areas is implemented (if it's even still his plan), those people who were conquered are going to quit. They'll spend "6 months" in la-la land, then once their area is taken over... Tears will flow. It happened in Darkfall, and territory control doesn't even mean anything in that game.

I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be a conquering mechanic, but it needs to be in before people get used to exploiting the safety of town borders. It's also a big part of the game whether people want to believe it or not. Anyone who thinks a game with open-pvp, looting, and area conquest isn't going to attract a lot of people who want to focus on PvP and territory control... Well, they are delusional.

Yes there is a lot of people that are delusional my friend. And I stand by what I said, If you want a game made around PVP go to DF. If you want a game made around Tribes stay here. PVP wars will be over tribal expansion areas.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Yes there is a lot of people that are delusional my friend. And I stand by what I said, If you want a game made around PVP go to DF. If you want a game made around Tribes stay here. PVP wars will be over tribal expansion areas.
    I play DF. Anyway...............................

Xsyon has open-PvP. PvP isn't going to only happen when someone wants an area. PvP will happen simply because it's ingame, especially as open-pvp with loot.

You don't advertise open-PvP with looting and not expect to attract people who want to focus on it.

that would be a great idea have pvp set into an expansion area if a tribe wants to expand but dont let people lose the actual town the worked hard to build that will cause more damage than good in this game i think. from what i gather this game is more along the lines of a game that is more about building and prospering than about killing and taking over other peoples land. also from what i gather the "pvpers" that are coming here are mainly just looking for an easy gank or target not real pvp challenge.

I was still downloading the patch before leaving for work this morning so I haven't even been in the game. That being said I really perfer consentual PVP. Yeah I am a carebear. I like some PVP but I don't like it always there and having to worry at all times. Sometimes I just want to sit back and enjoy the game. As far as seeing a city built and then soon after burnt to the ground by a bunch of kids looking to make trouble doesn't really appeal to me.

Now some type of Arena combat or something like that. I like that idea.

Oh thank god this game isnt for you Prince. Youve already caused the MO community enough heartache. By the way, how is your empire faring in MO? Oh, thats right...

I think its an established fact that there will be tribal warfare and thus the "Carebears" know its coming. To suggest that they can't handle the competition is simply sad. If anything if a town is conquered (if its gonna be in game), the tribe will probably be in exile and plan for the restoration of its honor.

Its too early to criticize the tribal warfare mechanic, since there is little information and the mechanics are up in the air.