Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Is it purely downloading that it takes a long time on or does this include processing packs?
    I am only downloading it. Moreover I just find out that the client was disconnected so I restart it.
    At this rate it will take a couple of days to download and patch the game, if I am lucky and the client won't be disconnected anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I brought this to Jooky's attention just now. Jooky looked at the patch server and it is fine. Both of us are doing Download tests and they seem to be at peak speeds just did 50mb in about 5 min.

What does take a long time is processing packs and they are looking into why.

Is it purely downloading that it takes a long time on or does this include processing packs?

Jadzia, your experiencing slower DL then usual, since you DLed the game multiple times now. Is it because of processing?
    I cancelled it once because of freezing in processing packs,then restarted it. After like 2 hours of download (it downloaded 330MB of a 980MB file in 2 hours, it was downloading only, not processing packs) my net dropped connection for a sec so the download aborted. Restarted it again and it was downloading with like 20-30Kb/s again, don't know how long it took since I fell asleep lol, but the download was finished somewhere around 4-5am (GMT+1).

if i restart my launcher will the download pick up were it left off from?

ITs bin a hour since I made a post in the introduction section, I started the game download a few min before that.
    So its bin about a hour now, and it has downloaded 302.xxMB

Me too the download seems to be going slow cant wait to get in a try the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumo View Post
    if i restart my launcher will the download pick up were it left off from?
    Yes, it will

Started downloading myself at around 7:40am GMT. Its now 6:46pm GMT and 2gig out of 3.35gig is downloaded. Guess sometime tomorrow before I can play Oh well but then again I guess I get it nearly 3 weeks before most

I think the problem is that it is hanging up between downloading and processing and there is no progress bar to let you know whats going on. Intuitively i aborted and restarted mine twice and it was the processing that was hanging up. This patch was way slower to download than when i downloaded the whole game last week tho, and I believe that was just the amount of server traffic downloading at the same time as me. Which is bad because when the game is released there will be much more traffic. I would suggest providing a torrent link to download the client as well, that way all the traffic load wont be on the server at release.

Perhaps people from Europe having this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Perhaps people from Europe having this problem ?
    Could well be, i`m from europe and after 4 hours of downloading i`ve just only downloaded under 1gb. Hope it gets sorted soon.