Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Server is back up everyone! Be sure to read Xsyon's update log!

Just so that you guys know how the speed is currently: downloaded about 2 gig within 12 hours from Germany today. Good thing that I'm a patient guy.

With the current download speed i should have it in 3 hours, downloading from the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by pilok View Post
    With the current download speed i should have it in 3 hours, downloading from the Netherlands.
    Connection dropped (server down? ) I do hope it continues where it stopped so i do not have to download it all again.

Edit: I can download again, but now it's a 766 mb file (could be the remaining download of the 3,5 gb) but it's to damn slow (about 20kb/s)

download problem

I bought/pre-ordered the game today.

Ran the installer, getting the msg "Error: Connection dropped." all over the place...
    So i did a quick looksee on the forums before creating a new topic and found this topic.

Read about the server "problems" and thought, lets wait some time and rerun the launcher hopefully it will go better.

Now i have stumbled across a problem i cant bypass with just waiting and retrying (did the last to test my findings though)

The problem is:

Even though still getting that connection dropped error occasionaly, the updater kept going.
    But know it doesnt seem to get the file "Mesh.xsip" properly. (the file is located in the "Data" directory)
    I deleted the file 3 times over and let the launcher run again and everytime it download exactly 51.577kb of the file and gives a "connection dropped" error.

When i restart the launcher and let it patch it goes into "analyzing files", give that filename again.... and comes up with the same connection error...

So can someone from Xpsyon send me that file "Mesh.xsip" by mail (mail adress with which i registered) so i can place it in the map and see if the launcher can continue ?

Regards,

Purifier

Wrong topic but

Your use router/firewall?
    Run as Admin Xsyon Patcher?

If your use router put your pc in DMZ
    And of course disable firewall

Maybe , UAC on windows block to writing new files on HD
    Packetloss or Similiar ( try download in another pc )

I mean no disrespect to you Vadio, i can apreciate it that you to give options, but none of those cant be the reason for the launcher not being to able to download the file.

After the tests i did, theres only 1 conclusion, the patcher has a problem with the paticular file.... Its no fault on my side, as for previous files it had no problem downloading them (eventualy)
    If my firewall, router, admin rights, UAC would be the problem, the patcher would have problems from the start. It has downloaded about 1gb of the game sofar... And i have downloaded bigger games trough launchers (never have liked that option, people always seem to have problems, and now it is mine turn )

Only 2 things i cant test: 1) port forwarding (dont know the port number the launcher is using), but then again... it had no problem download 1gb of data sofar and 2) downloading on another pc... because i dont have another pc

Ow i see a bug and crashes subforum... ill repost this problem there

Edit: i reposted our messages there, so we can continue there