Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feature List+My First Thoughs about the game

Hello everyone

it would help alot when i talk to others about the game if i had a full feature list what is ingame at release and what not. And i don't mean only the crafting skills but also things like aligment that are disabled at the moment.

My first thoughs:

-The Homepage needs a rework, many possible players think that this is a cheap made homepage. however i like it but iam not an eye candy guy as others

-Many players are surprised how well this game works when they are first time ingame. The enabled features and the game overall works great

-I think you spend way to much time eating/drinking, also you get tired very fast

- Some sort of bandage which remove your gear for the time you recover health would be a great feature

- Some sort of wooden wheelbarrow or different types of wheelbarrow under woodcraft would be great

- It would be great that some of the actions would have some auto function. For example fishing only needs one click or that you could set an amount of items you want to craft and the game uses the resources you have in your bag. This makes is easier for people who can't set up a macro
    - we need the ability to split stacks of items, that is a must have more than anything else

That all of my 1st thoughs i have, the rest works really well.

Bug i run into after the patch:

- You can't loot players when they have set there basket to private/tribe only
    - The overall looting of players seems bugged, sometimes windows close after each item sometimes you can't loot someone and in the next try you can. Really random

- The game doesn't work when you try to switch back from desktop into fullscreen mode. It freezes. That was not the case before patch
    - more client crashes when you switch zones

pls implement bottles and barrels in which u can fill some water

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    -Many players are surprised how well this game works when they are first time ingame. The enabled features and the game overall works great
    I agree. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance and functionality of what is actually in game.

-I think you spend way to much time eating/drinking, also you get tired very fast
    I have to disagree with this. Resting and eating are perfect the way they are imo. Maybe make a drink fill up your bar a tiny bit more than it does currently. Healing could even be a little slower (especially if something like bandages or healing spells are implemented to speed up the base rate).

- Some sort of bandage which remove your gear for the time you recover health would be a great feature
    Bandages are a cool idea. I like the way you included a trade-off of having to sacrifice some defense for improved healing speed.

- Some sort of wooden wheelbarrow or different types of wheelbarrow under woodcraft would be great
    That would be nice, but I think it should be discovered in game as an evolutionary thing.

- It would be great that some of the actions would have some auto function. For example fishing only needs one click or that you could set an amount of items you want to craft and the game uses the resources you have in your bag. This makes is easier for people who can't set up a macro
    I hope the game goes the opposite direction here. No need for auto-action imo, and I'd rather see macroing prevented as much as possible. I like how you get less experience from performing the same action over and over as one way to discourage macros. Even more methods to prevent botting/macro exploitation would be welcome.

- we need the ability to split stacks of items, that is a must have more than anything else
    Agree 100% stacks need to be splittable if we are supposed to have any kind of trade in resources.

Edit: I also agree with the poster above me, some kind of water container is needed. I should at least be able to use a bucket for that right? Currently I think buckets are useless. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    I hope the game goes the opposite direction here. No need for auto-action imo, and I'd rather see macroing prevented as much as possible. I like how you get less experience from performing the same action over and over as one way to discourage macros. Even more methods to prevent botting/macro exploitation would be welcome.
    you are completely backwards in your assumption that having to do one item at a time discourages macroing. It does exactly the opposite, nobody wants to move all those items and hit craft 100 or more times. if you have the mats in your pack to make 25 of an item you should be able to set it up to craft those 25 items without all the work that is currently involved.

Here are some of the things I've noted that need to be addressed:

*Players need to spawn with the tools of the trade they picked upon character creation, ie. if you picked fishing as a skill, you should spawn with a fishing pole.

*Starting tools need to be newbified and made so that nobody but the character they spawned with can use them. You can put a set number of uses on them for durability before they are destroyed, but make it so that no other character can use your starting tools. this will eliminate players from rolling a character, handing off their starting tools to a friend, deleting character and rerolling.

*There needs to be a way for you to tell the difference between your tribe members and other players. For those of us in large tribes, it's hard to know every member in your tribe and it will only get worse as tribes get even larger. change the color of allied tribe members names or something. I don't like having to scroll through the roster of my tribe to be able to tell if the guy who is digging through our stacks of resources is an ally, or needs to be attacked.

*Speaking of the tribe roster, can you make it so we can see which of are tribe members are online when we look at the roster?

*Totem storage. This isn't a huge issue, but I know I abused it before I or my tribe members could use basktry. as it stands now you can use your trieb totem to store goods.

*Bears. Bears are gigantic creatures that are terrifying and powerful. in real life I don't know a single person that can take a bear down with an axe, or unarmed. it would take multiple hunters to take down an enraged bear using only melee weapons.

*Unarmed combat. Right now unarmed combat is the single most effective way to kill anyone or anything in this game. I'm sure it's been addressed, but as it stands it makes the weaponcrafting skill 100% useless.

*Player status: Please make it so on our info sheets we can see how much a weapon or a piece of armor is benefitting us? aside from looking cool, I have no idea if the armor I craft is better from one set to another.

thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm sure some of you will agree with parts of this list and others will not. These are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by eightonefive View Post
    you are completely backwards in your assumption that having to do one item at a time discourages macroing. It does exactly the opposite, nobody wants to move all those items and hit craft 100 or more times. if you have the mats in your pack to make 25 of an item you should be able to set it up to craft those 25 items without all the work that is currently involved.
    Yes

*Players need to spawn with the tools of the trade they picked upon character creation, ie. if you picked fishing as a skill, you should spawn with a fishing pole.
    Thats already how it is working, i always spawn with the tools i choose from crafting. if you use fishing as spec you start with a basic fishing pole

*Starting tools need to be newbified and made so that nobody but the character they spawned with can use them. You can put a set number of uses on them for durability before they are destroyed, but make it so that no other character can use your starting tools. this will eliminate players from rolling a character, handing off their starting tools to a friend, deleting character and rerolling.
    kinda true yes

*There needs to be a way for you to tell the difference between your tribe members and other players. For those of us in large tribes, it's hard to know every member in your tribe and it will only get worse as tribes get even larger. change the color of allied tribe members names or something. I don't like having to scroll through the roster of my tribe to be able to tell if the guy who is digging through our stacks of resources is an ally, or needs to be attacked.

I think no. We had it in early Darkfall. Alliances without Colors. You get the number benefit for having a large guild but also you don't know everybody really well and you can't be 100% sure if its friend or foe. I really like that tbh. Ofc coloring the armor and later on Tribe Symbols on armor will help alot ( but ofc can be also abused by enemies which is great and adds alot to PVP

*Speaking of the tribe roster, can you make it so we can see which of are tribe members are online when we look at the roster?

*Totem storage. This isn't a huge issue, but I know I abused it before I or my tribe members could use basktry. as it stands now you can use your trieb totem to store goods.
    You can bank items in your totem ? lol i need to try it thats great ^^

*Bears. Bears are gigantic creatures that are terrifying and powerful. in real life I don't know a single person that can take a bear down with an axe, or unarmed. it would take multiple hunters to take down an enraged bear using only melee weapons.

*Unarmed combat. Right now unarmed combat is the single most effective way to kill anyone or anything in this game. I'm sure it's been addressed, but as it stands it makes the weaponcrafting skill 100% useless.
    Already said that this is a bug and weapon stats are not calculated

*Player status: Please make it so on our info sheets we can see how much a weapon or a piece of armor is benefitting us? aside from looking cool, I have no idea if the armor I craft is better from one set to another.

No, first i though "I need stats on weapons..." but tbh i like the "hardcore" method of finding out which weapon is the best so not everyone runs around with the highest stats weapon but rather find his "baby". only thing we need is some indicator for durability

thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm sure some of you will agree with parts of this list and others will not. These are my opinions only.
    Comments in red

You do NOT always spawn with the tools of your profession. I started with 25 fishing this time and had to kill someone to get a fishing pole.

You have misunderstood me. I was not making that assumption. As I understand it, the game currently awards you less experience points for doing the same action repeatedly instead of doing a variety of different actions. So I was saying that getting less experience points might discourage someone from macroing the same action repeatedly, not that having a clunky interface that requires clicking each material and tool for each crafting attempt would discourage it.

It sounds like you are asking for batch-crafting. Fine, but I still think you should get less xp for doing a big batch of one thing as opposed to someone who does a variety of tasks. The game is supposed to be a post-apocalyptic survival game not a sweat-shop simulator.

To me it's about encouraging players to play the game. If you are contemplating doing something in a game that seems like such a hassle that you want to automate it then is it really gameplay? It's like an arms race in a game that has pvp elements; if everyone insists on doing things that are no fun to get an advantage then others are compelled to do it too just to stay competitive and the game gets less fun. If the game makes unfun things less advantageous I say that's a good thing.

I am pretty sure it's already like that. At least I have always have started with tools that match my chosen skills.

This is a great idea. I think the "leave a bag of tools for yourself and reroll" exploit needs stopped before release.

These are all good suggestions too. Edit: After reading Niburu's point about the tribe identification being a part of the strategy, I have to agree. Having player names colored to identify friend or foe is probably unnecessary.

I don't know about the player status request. I like that the game expects you to experiment and use your intuition instead of giving you stats to plug into a spreadsheet like so many other games, eventually leading to tribes kicking out members for having a low GearScore...

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    You have misunderstood me. I was not making that assumption. As I understand it, the game currently awards you less experience points for doing the same action repeatedly instead of doing a variety of different actions. So I was saying that getting less experience points might discourage someone from macroing the same action repeatedly, not that having a clunky interface that requires clicking each material and tool for each crafting attempt would discourage it.

That's fine. I dont care about less xp. I do however care about my arthritic hands.

It sounds like you are asking for batch-crafting. Fine, but I still think you should get less xp for doing a big batch of one thing as opposed to someone who does a variety of tasks. The game is supposed to be a post-apocalyptic survival game not a sweat-shop simulator.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Batch crafting. and perhaps a slider to alolow you to cycle through yur recipes faster. I played UO for roughly 13 years, and it destroyed my hands and wrists, not to mention I've been a professional tattoo artist for 20 years now. I start to ache after a while of doing stupid stuff like crafting.

To me it's about encouraging players to play the game. If you are contemplating doing something in a game that seems like such a hassle that you want to automate it then is it really gameplay? It's like an arms race in a game that has pvp elements; if everyone insists on doing things that are no fun to get an advantage then others are compelled to do it too just to stay competitive and the game gets less fun. If the game makes unfun things less advantageous I say that's a good thing.

I am pretty sure it's already like that. At least I have always have started with tools that match my chosen skills.

like i said earlier not everyone is spawning with the required tools of their trade. I did not get a fishing pole when i chose fishing as a starting skill.

This is a great idea. I think the "leave a bag of tools for yourself and reroll" exploit needs stopped before release.

These are all good suggestions too. Edit: After reading Niburu's point about the tribe identification being a part of the strategy, I have to agree. Having player names colored to identify friend or foe is probably unnecessary.

like I said some will disagree with some of my requests.

I don't know about the player status request. I like that the game expects you to experiment and use your intuition instead of giving you stats to plug into a spreadsheet like so many other games, eventually leading to tribes kicking out members for having a low GearScore...

You can bank items in the totem? Thats new.

I agree also that different colours on tribe mates and allies are unnecessary. If you have a larger tribe, you should have to learn who is in your tribe, same with knowing your allies. Lets not make it easy.

Tools, weapons, armors, everything that is crafted, needs a label. It should include its total durability, the durability left, and the crafters name. I would also prefer it to include what its made from when metals come into the game, but for now, obviously thats not required. I dont think the items need a level, ranging from noob to uber, just the basics.