Xsyon is an game of evolution

I'll keep this short, But wanted to put this out there for all our new members. The game content will be added into the game over time. Jooky will not tell us when he add's new content into the game when we go live. This is meant to be part of the fun of the game. Going out exploring and discovering new technology for your people. Some things we know will be in game later, Like bows and arrows. And somethings we don't, But hope will be in game at some point like carts.

The game will evolve over time and I don't think he will rush a lot out at once. Because if he did we may end up in space before the end of the year. Yes things will take time, But with evolution running the game, Eventually we will git most everything we have been wanting.

I would also say one of the best places to go looking for what will and what may not be in game is the Q&A of the week. Here's the LINK

Hey

Very usefull post Alik

Thanks!

/signed

I'd rather get new things over time, than all at once. There's plenty to do for now.

yes /agree about jordi make some hidden updates is fun

Example . i craft something and learn new rare recipes ( never see before )
    or in scavengig

Alik, Very well put, it has always been Jordi's intent to make sure that game plays at a natural state, no rushing / grinding your way to level 80 in a week. The game is not meant to be played that way... EVERYTHING, and I mean everything in the game is a real time experience. Alliances, tribes, towns, friendships are not built on a whim. The game time is going to go at a steady pace to keep in line with coding and development. It also go in a common phase, you probably wont see radios before power, how would you know what worked to make the radio if you didn't have power to test it... that kind of thing. So thanks for posting this Alik for the new players, it is a great piece of information that us long time players already know but we had to learn it over time.

Tredo

The concept of evolving the game over time and implementing the new additions secretly to be discovered organically in the game is the number one reason I came here. This style of development adds so much excitement to the game. I sincerely hope Jooky will stick to his guns and not cave to pressure from impatient players that demand information.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    The concept of evolving the game over time and implementing the new additions secretly to be discovered organically in the game is the number one reason I came here. This style of development adds so much excitement to the game. I sincerely hope Jooky will stick to his guns and not cave to pressure from impatient players that demand information.
    +1

Great post Aliksteel, its a good thing to keep in mind every time we, newcomers post anything.

Just one thing to add, before carts... the wheel ^^

I agree. That's what is going to make this game exciting. tribe that work their asses off discovering things will have a leg up on those who do not. I like the mystery of maybe finding something nobody has found in game.

9. 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM

I agree on all counts. This game has more potential than anything I've seen. The best part is that a great deal of the gaming experience is left to us.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    Another +1

Thanks Aliksteel for a great post. I cannot wait until we discover new technology, find hidden secrets, it's one of the more intriguing aspects of the game to me.