I understand that Tribal Warfare is ways away, but I had an interesting idea that maybe the developers might consider.

Everyone knows that tribal warfare will eventually be implemented, but it isn't really known how it will be implemented. I thought of an interesting idea that maybe the community can comment on.

Instead of directly conquering land or tribal space, how about if you defeat the other tribe either by destroying their HQ or however it will be, they become your vassal. The winning tribe gains access to all of the losing tribes resources and stockpiles and the loser only has access to himself. The loser also loses all diplomatic ability, like declaring war or forming alliances (however this will be), and may have to pay tax to the overlord. The losing side can however attempt to gain independence (maybe a time-limit of 2 weeks?) and if the losing side wins they regain sovereignty. If the winning side wins again however, the losing side is completely abolished and their land is made free. Everything that belonged to the tribe can be claimed by the winning side.

But say the side that is a vassal doesn't want independence because of the possibility of being destroyed? Well the vassal can remain a vassal as long as he wants, basically forming an allegiance with his overlord. The overlord can release the vassal at anytime though.

What do you think of this idea?