Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just broke my cardinal rule

and preordered a game. I spend some time over at MMORPG.com and kept seeing this games name pop up here and there. So I looked into it. Over the past few hours I have been watching videos, and asking questions.

I was an avid fan of Wurm Online, SWG Pre-CU, UO, A Tale in the Desert and Minecraft to name a few games. Since I have always lamented the fact these types of games are rarely seen these days, and seeing the similarities between Xyson and Wurm, I had to vote with my wallet and support the development of this game.

Welcome to Xsyon!

Yea, This game has a way of hooking you, Add Bob's video's and you can't break free.

Welcome to the game.

My story alsmost the same, first thoughts was: even if i dont like it, i must support such great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Del137 View Post
    My story alsmost the same, first thoughts was: even if i dont like it, i must support such great idea!
    And do you like it now?

My story is much the same, I have DL'ed over the night and will be taking my first steps this evening. Just want to get my feet wet before wipe. Hope to run into some of you soon. My IGN will be Nikov Kalash.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideZuriel View Post
    And do you like it now?
    Sure i do! Tryed all existing sanbox games, beta-testing some already closed ones, and currently Xsyon is most finished and suited my expectations project. Only wish - dont stop progressing, realise all planned features and noone leave it

This is the kind of game that might not get a ton of players but will hold on to players. I think you will see a lot more player around/after release too. For example I keep a pretty close eye on the industry and just heard of this game today. Which is not a bad strategy, you only have one chance to make an impression and with some less forgiving gamers it might be better to be under the radar until the game is more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This is the kind of game that might not get a ton of players but will hold on to players. I think you will see a lot more player around/after release too. For example I keep a pretty close eye on the industry and just heard of this game today. Which is not a bad strategy, you only have one chance to make an impression and with some less forgiving gamers it might be better to be under the radar until the game is more complete.
    You are right, and I'm glad there isn't an open beta. This way only the people who are really interested in the game buy it and they usually don't get a nervous breakdown over every small bug.