Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 a bit unrealistic.

SO what happens in 2012 when this game has been out for awhile, and we're playing a post apocalyptic future in modern times? Perhaps the devs could bump the timeline up a hundred years. I know it's a game and all, but it's just kind of silly.

Not unrealistic at all. You see, John Teeter came back to our present from the future, changed some things and diverted us from the catastrophe that the Mayans predicted and others have alluded to. Thus creating an alternate reality .. the doomed universe is the one Xsyon takes place in, ya?

But don't worry, the asteroid apophis should swing by in a couple decades and maybe spawn another sandbox mmo.

I consider it an alternate reality, a what if scenario. Anyday, anytime, something could happen to drastically change the world as we know it, and im sure many things come close that we never ever hear about.

From the About page

What is Xsyon?

Xsyon is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), an online community, a virtual world and an adventure.

Set in the near future, Xsyon is an apocalyptic fable. The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology, and prophecies of the Apocalypse. Most aspects of modern life are now gone. The leaders of the new world, under the guidance of the reinvigorated once forgotten gods, have hidden traces of the scientific progress that led to the devastation of the earth. Modern vehicles, weapons, appliances, computer and even the books that describe these things are practically nowhere to be found.
    That one word "Fable" free's up the game to be set in any time.

The Mayan's did not predict end of the world, they created the calender we currently use, but it went upto 2012. It's only speculated that something could happen that would mean no more years after 2012, maybe they just ran out of ink...

Quote Originally Posted by pluzoid View Post
    The Mayan's did not predict end of the world, they created the calender we currently use, but it went upto 2012. It's only speculated that something could happen that would mean no more years after 2012, maybe they just ran out of ink...
    Actually mayan's did predict the end, but not of the world. The end of an AGE, according their astronomic calendar it's the end of the age of pisces and blablabla, i'm southamerican (so i know the real version not the holywood one). The scary part is that predictions for astronomical realignments are accurate :S

what?... never mind

hmmmmm... FABLE, yeah that free's the game to be set in anytime. +1

"Fable" does it for me I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by pluzoid View Post
    We're not using the Mayan calendar.

I'd like to know more about the lore.

I'm amost certain we are not in 2012. 2012 is the past, where something happened. A rift has been opened and something changed the world forever. More, ingame's totems way we are in 2037. The green fog seems "surper natural". Do you know the movie (or the book), "The Mist" ? Or maybe we are in a kind of "Trueman show". The gods did something because we can't be killed. We can age and maybe die from age, but everythime we die, we come back to life. Maybe we've nuked ourselves, but "something" did "something" so we are alive today.

The accurate realignments from maya predictions would basically be because they knew their astronomy.

2012 is asking you to suspend your disbelief.