Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    good idea.

hell every change is good since the allignment system and player interaction in general at the moment is total crap and non-existant.

let people fight each other if they want and carebears can hide.

I support this 100%! Seems to work for all parties involved.

And agree 100% it should be implemented and tested now, not later - later on a production DB is BAD. lol

You seem to forget that it's not faction-based PvP game. War will be over resources and territory.
    Good players get renown for doing good things and evil players for evil things, this way good player stealing would shift towards evils side.

Were is the WAR over ressources when you have a safe soon ? Tbh i think you didn't understand what the Op was posting

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    You seem to forget that it's not faction-based PvP game. War will be over resources and territory.
    Good players get renown for doing good things and evil players for evil things, this way good player stealing would shift towards evils side.
    Well, Good and Evil are factions. What else would they be? Alignments? Still sort of a faction imho, especially since you choose the faction/alignment whatever for your whole tribe.

Also, war over resources and territory is not possible. As soon as a resource is claimed by tribal territory, its save forever (until Tribal Wars which won't arrive until 6-9 months from now which is a really long time for a MMO).

Good players getting reputation for doing good things is fine and I think stealing from Evil aligned players is a good deed. The same as it is an evil thing for Evil players to steal from Good. Besides, it needs to be balanced. Currently, Good players can respawn everywhere, Evil players only at totem. But Evil players can kill anyone outside tribal territory. If Evil players could steal from Good players territory but Good players would not be able to steal from Evil, Evil players would have a big advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Were is the WAR over ressources when you have a safe soon ? Tbh i think you didn't understand what the Op was posting
    hehe tought the same

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

If you don't like safezones idea join after prelude, when we'll be ready to welcome you properly.

Resources aren't safe(not the ones in bins). You can steal them then you are marked as a thief and you can be attacked without alignment consequences for defenders. the only thing you can't do is make a party and raid good/neutral players who can't(it's supposed to be twitch-based after all) or don't want to fight before they can set up defences.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Resources aren't safe(not the ones in bins). You can steal them then you are marked as a thief and you can be attacked without alignment consequences for defenders. the only thing you can't do is make a party and raid good/neutral players who can't(it's supposed to be twitch-based after all) or don't want to fight before they can set up defences.
    Just so I understand and not make a mistake. I can steal from peoples woodpiles outside of their village without becoming marked correct?

The OP basically says that tribes should be able to choose if they want their tribe zone to be safe or not. I really like the idea, the more options we get the better the game will be. I do believe that everyone has the right to choose his/her playstyle, and with the OP's idea the ones who want more PvP can choose evil or good, the ones who want peace can choose neutral.

On a side note in my understanding neutral was inbetween good and evil, not a one who stays out of fights but a one who do both good and evil. So it would be more natural to me to give the protection option for good tribes and keep the neutrals/evils unsafe, but it doesn't really matter how we call it.