Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    That won't work. Say your tribe secures a spot near some of the most scare resources in the game. No one else has access to these resources. Now, you turn your little safety toggle on and all of a sudden you have a monopoly of all of the most rare resource in the game, thus making your tribe the richest in the game. Do you not see a problem here?
    I don't. There are no scarce resources in the game. Even if there were that is where diplomatic comes to play. I've played Atitd ( it do have very rare resources), player were able to set up buildings and monopolize them. It made the diplomatic and political metagame much more interesting. Problems can not only be solved by force.If you are able to wipe out another tribe just because you don't like they have a resource you don't, that would kill every small tribe in game and would only encourage huge zerg tribes. Xsyon would become an empty world very soon.

But...but.. .but... the small tribes could use diplomacy to get help from other friendly tribes to stop them from taking the resources. derp. There needs to be some sort of meaningful territory control or it's going to be a real boring world out there.
    I'm pretty sure if small tribe (good) had strategic resources, big good tribes would wait untill evil tribe takes them over and start war with evil tribe to get them for them selves.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I'm pretty sure if small tribe (good) had strategic resources, big good tribes would wait untill evil tribe takes them over and start war with evil tribe to get them for them selves.
    Exactly. The game would end up with 2-3 huge tribes with approximately the same power, who would never attack each other since they couldn't win. Perhaps 2 of them would make an ally and wipe the 3d one out...at this point I would return to the game since it became one huge safe zone lol.

Sounds like fun. So really, the so-called good tribes are actually evil?
    There is no good and evil when it comes to power, infuence and territory control. the difference is that evil tribes can kill anyone and be at war with everyone but can be attacked by anyone. Good tribes can fight only with evil tribes. If you ask me Evil tribes are in much better position when it comes to war and conquest.

War will come with the end of Prelude, if you don't like it come back when Prelude will end.

safe zones for one particular group of players would kill the game.

being good, evil, or neutral should have both benefits and limitations that don't directly interfere with game play.

if you give neutral and good tribes safe zones then evil tribes will become fodder for everyone, unless you balanced this out with say evil tribes being able to kill players in half the time that it takes other alignments.

alignment should:
    distinguish player-groups
    give perks that add both "individuality" to said group and help the player succeed over another in close, toe to toe, situations different for each group
    the opposite of perks, small constraints, that while affecting game play it isn't a game changer

lemme get some examples for those still needing help understanding

Perks
    good:small boost to defense when not attacking for awhile directly proportional to alignment(true protectors)
    neutral:faster speeds on roads directly proportional to neutrality(traders)
    evil:gains attack bonus when either killing multiple things or just attacking enough at a single time and of course directly proportional to alignment(rampage)

Disadvantages
    good:fairly limited by alignment when doing pvp, can't kill so many players in a time period
    neutral:doesn't have alignment based magic to specialize in, can only use spells available to all groups
    evil:NPCs much more aggressive towards them

being neutral really is the easiest group the be apart of but the hardest to specialize in
    to be good and evil would require players to actually give up things to do other things

good players are restricted by a "code of honor" and become more defenders than anything but are welcomed by most and lead an easier life
    evil players don't follow someones rules they do what they want so they have more freedoms, but are shunned by most and have to work for survival more

just an fyi i am a bit biased towards evil alignment, we should have players representing each alignment get together with jooky and discuss what we want.

TL;DR: don't change game mechanics, balance is key