Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I've never thought that if I agree with a post which suggest more PvP and less safe zones during Prelude you would disagree with me. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've never thought that if I agree with a post which suggest more PvP and less safe zones during Prelude you would disagree with me. Wow
    This has absolutely nothing to do with that, although Neutrals being untouchable in their area isn't "more PvP" when talking about after Prelude.

The main issue is how it can be exploited and cheapen the metagame and overall game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Neutral alts claiming land around the enemies of the main character.

Neutrals (alt or real) supplying resources and gear.

Neutrals used as "shields" in their tribal area if collision detection is implemented.

Neutral areas used as an exploit to get away from PvP if combat is disabled within safe tribal areas. (I don't think Jooky would be that clueless, though.)

I'm sure there are a few other situations. Good, Neutral, and Evil tribal areas should all be at risk. Don't underestimate the exploitive ability of gamers.
    u still donīt get it

Well, where to start. Okay, first things first.

Neutral alts claiming land around the enemies of the main character.
    For having an alt you would need to pay another 40$ and pay 15$ per month. I believe some people will do that but honestly, not the majority of players and certainly not just to claim so much land around an enemy tribal area that he cant get out. In which case you would need way more than one account anyway. Also, there is a forced distance between tribal territories.

Neutrals (alt or real) supplying resources and gear.
    Yes that is possible. Its called allies and has to do with politics. Politics are awesome in a sandbox/Open-PvP game. And all the gear can be looted in PvP anyway. But of course, when the Neutrals leave their territory to supply someone, they risk getting killed because they are only safe on their own territory.

Neutrals used as "shields" in their tribal area if collision detection is implemented.
    What? Like the defensive line in a football game? Seriously?

Neutral areas used as an exploit to get away from PvP if combat is disabled within safe tribal areas. (I don't think Jooky would be that clueless, though.)
    No, he would not. And neither am I. Tribe territory of Neutral players are only safe zones for Neutral players of that tribe. Not for everybody!

I'm sure there are a few other situations. Good, Neutral, and Evil tribal areas should all be at risk. Don't underestimate the exploitive ability of gamers.
    I would like that but I can understand that not everybody who plays Xsyon wants PvP all the time right from the start. So players should be able to go Neutral and avoid PvP (until Tribal Wars?) in their own territory. In theory, completely if they never leave their own territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummel139 View Post
    u still donīt get it
    Instead of mirroring Tasos with the ability of being vague, why don't you explain what I don't get about using Neutrals in exploit situations just like blue shields in DF and TEF'ers in SWG.

How do you know you cannot steal as a Good player without alignment hits? My suggestion is that Good players can steal from Evil players and get Good alignment for that. Also, Good players can kill Evil players for loot. Even on their territory if you whish to. Oh and you will also get Good alignment for that.

And if you dont want anybody to steal your stuff out of your bins and dont want anybody to be able to hurt you on your tribes territory (until Tribal Wars perhaps), go Neutral.
    Every atempt to gather grass , junk, cut trees on other trirbes territory will mark you as a thief. And will or at least should affect your alignmnet even on evil territory.

Good and neutral players can kill evil player but evil players can kill both.

Quote from Jooky
    "When tribes are formed an overall tribe alignment is chosen. Players in a good or neutral tribe will automatically become outcasts if they ‘gank’ a good or neutral player of a non enemy tribe."
    "Players from an evil tribe are free to loot and pillage and will gain reputation within their own tribe for doing so, but they will also be vulnerable to attacks from all players who will be able to attack evil players without negative consequences. Players in good or neutral tribes will be allowed to put bounty quests on known evil players. In essence, if a tribe chooses to be evil they become the ‘monsters’ of the world."

That's the difference evil tribes are evil and good tribes are good.

dfend 4 president ! ! ! !

dfend:

- Many people in SWG had 2+ accounts. I know some people in DF with 5+. EVE has a whole lot with multiple accounts. I had two in DAoC, and so did at half of the playerbase when the game started to dwindle population-wise. It was a normal occurrence to see 20-30 buff bots at the frontier gatekeeps. Anyway, they don't have to be alt accounts. Forced distance doesn't mean anything, either (it's not even very far). It still chokes areas.

- Neutrals do not have to leave if being supplied by non-neutrals. Also, depending on how large their tribe is, they may have plenty of resources within, or at least very near, the safety border. Politics won't affect them, because you suggested something where they cannot be affected.

- Go play Darkfall, and you'll learn what a shield is. This is a twitch based game, and if Neutrals are safe from attack and collision is implemented, it doesn't take a genius to see how they can be used when two people are trying to fight. If there are any ex-SWG players here, they will remember Temporary Enemy Flag exploits, and that game didn't even have character collision.

Some people will have 2+ accounts. I dont see much of a problem there tho.
    Neutrals do not have to leave if being supplied by non-neutrals.
    Yes, people who are getting supplied in their tribal area do not have to leave their tribal area. Of course. They can get supplied by other Neutrals too. And yes, it will be possible to never leave your tribal area as Neutral and be invincible until Tribal Wars arrive.

Also, depending on how large their tribe is, they may have plenty of resources within, or at least very near, the safety border.
    Yes they will. Everybody has.

Politics won't affect them, because you suggested something where they cannot be affected.
    If they colaborate with Good or Evil tribes, maybe even in a somewhat exploitive way, I'm sure hell will break lose for them when Tribal Wars arrives.

Go play Darkfall, and you'll learn what a shield is. This is a twitch based game, and if Neutrals are safe from attack and collision is implemented, it doesn't take a genius to see how they can be used when two people are trying to fight.
    I played Darkfall. And Neutrals are not safe from attack. Only on their territory. If you choose to fight on Neutral territory, knowing that those Neutrals will support the Good/Evil players you are fighting, then that is your own fault. Anywhere else, Neutrals will be nothing more than a common meat shield. A very vulnerable one.

ONLY ON THERE TERRITOY