Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Such a dumb idea. Everyone needs to spawn back at their tribe totem. Period.
    agreed

That binding idea is perfect. You could easily help hold off evil players by getting a few friendly tribes down there. instead of respawning far away were there no good. It would totally change alliances and make them alot more important to everyone. Instead of just "hey were friends" Its "Hey were friends with benefits"

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Such a dumb idea. Everyone needs to spawn back at their tribe totem. Period.
    Question. If that happens all the time, what keeps someone from gathering a ton of resources away from their camp, jumping off a cliff, dying, and then getting an instant teleport back to their tribe? Unless there are some major downsides to dying, I can see people using it as a fast-travel option, which would be just awful and ruin things like trade routes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Question. If that happens all the time, what keeps someone from gathering a ton of resources away from their camp, jumping off a cliff, dying, and then getting an instant teleport back to their tribe? Unless there are some major downsides to dying, I can see people using it as a fast-travel option, which would be just awful and ruin things like trade routes.
    do you realize that evil players are spawning @ the tribe?

I like the ability to bind at totems (any friendly/ally) and spawn there.

That has worked fantastic in a majority of the latest sandbox mmorpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    do you realize that evil players are spawning @ the tribe?
    That doesn't really matter. I'm not questioning whether it should just be evil, good, or neutral that spawn at tribes. I'm questioning the entire idea of respawing at tribes as a possible means of fast-travel. Now, if the game can identify that you were killed by another player, then I have no problem with respawning back at the tribe, as you can/will be looted etc. However, if you get killed by fall damage or by an NPC, I don't think you should simply respawn at your totem. That is, unless you drop all your resources (not tools, but resources) so that you can't use it to collect stuff quicker than someone who walks/runs.

Sure is an easy way to travel without any risk. Remove gear, run, die, ghost run, spawn, run, die, ghost run, spawn, etc.

Spies... Alts or actual players. They wouldn't even have to move. They could just park next to an opposing tribe or player all day.

Good/Neutral players without armor and gear could just overwhelm their targets simply by numbers and being able to spawn over and over in the same place. It will be even worse if gear doesn't ever get any stats and variables. No-risk PK'ing.

However, if you get killed by fall damage or by an NPC, I don't think you should simply respawn at your totem.
    PvE would be 100x worse. Zero risk at all. Spam mobs all day. Could even do it naked.

Everyone needs to respawn at their totems (PvP and PvE deaths). If a person doesn't have a totem to spawn at, there needs to be random totems around the world to bind/spawn at.

Umm, this being full loot game, you drop everything upon death. So if you want to go out and gather resources, then kill yourself to get back home... you've just wasted whatever time you spent gathering and would have to run back to loot your own grave. This is a non issue (unless I'm not aware of the fact that people no longer drop their belongings when they die, in which case I was just cheated out of my $40).

Edit: Oh, and absolutely everybody needs to spawn back at their totem. The exploit potential of the current system is limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    Umm, this being full loot game, you drop everything upon death. So if you want to go out and gather resources, then kill yourself to get back home... you've just wasted whatever time you spent gathering and would have to run back to loot your own grave. This is a non issue (unless I'm not aware of the fact that people no longer drop their belongings when they die, in which case I was just cheated out of my $40).

Edit: Oh, and absolutely everybody needs to spawn back at their totem. The exploit potential of the current system is limitless.
    Someone tried to attack me in my tribe area, and after killing him there was no grave; just his body. I was looking through his bag, took a few things, and then he released with stuff still in the bag. He must have respawned with whatever I didn't have time to take.

Respawns for all at totems and graves should be left behind with the loot, please.

Here is another wonderful situation spawning at your location of death brings...

Destroy trees/logs near other tribes, and if you die, just stay right there to destroy more when the person is carrying a log back to camp. Had that happen a few times tonight.