Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spawning after Death

Wha do you think about the spawn system after death. It is ok for evil players to spawn at there totem. But as a good/neutral player you can follow your opponent in ghost mode and attack him with 50% HP. In the end it is better to lose a fight and finish him then after your ghost mode because you recover 50% health very fast....

I think that needs some balancing

I thought that was going to be changed? The exploit potential and general lack of risk (versus reward) is off the charts.

last time i check about this all play evil and good respawn at totem

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    last time i check about this all play evil and good respawn at totem
    100% not, as good player you are a ghost and when the OK button comes you spawn instant at your ghost location

Last thing I heard about it on 11/10/2010:

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    There's been a bit of arguing here, but it really sounds like you're all on the same page to me.

The system will be revised after I patch out the tribe rank system and I think JCatano outlined it best. I'm convinced, there will be no respawn at your body. There will definitely be no forced 'ghost runs', but I'll let you stand and suffer a ghost for a minute while you watch your enemies loot you. :P

I like Jadzia's idea about being able to bind at ally tribes. I think solo players should be able to bind at friendly tribes. I'll consider the bind slots for a few items. I just need to think about how to implement and display that properly.

I agree with keeping it simple.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. This is exactly what I'm looking for with Xsyon, making the game you all want to play without compromising the game that I want to play.

jep, everybody should respawn at totem

the system with to respawn as a ghost is very easy to exploit

Just pointing out that you body would be looted, maybe even void of weapons and armor. At the very least a smart enemy would destroy your armor/weapons. So, spawning on him and trying to kill him might not be the smartest move.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Just pointing out that you body would be looted, maybe even void of weapons and armor. At the very least a smart enemy would destroy your armor/weapons. So, spawning on him and trying to kill him might not be the smartest move.
    You do realise that you do alot of dmg with unarmed combat. AND you spawn after 30 sec with 50% health that is more than your opponent can regenerate. So over time you get him :-) don't even wanne talk of outnumbered fights were i had suddenly two guys spawning next to me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    That doesn't fix the obvious exploits and lack of accountability, which I already pointed out in that older thread. Spawning at your corpse is ridiculous.