Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    [QUOTE=Fluffball;82817]I've not found an answer as yet, are there certain resources and items that are only located in specific areas? If it's yes then would that effect their value or potential use as a form of currency? (and is it a worthwhile project to map locations of resources/items/geology, I have a cartographic interest.. I have seen maps of zones/terrain but not what's where, including settlements etc.. H&H has an impressive map, maybe Xsyon needs one too?).[/QUOTE]

As far as anyone's been able to ascertain, there are no regional resources at this time. All resources appear to be available at all points across the map.

what about tar?

Tar does appear be a rare resource, maybe not regional. I found a small pit and it has now been depleted. Not been able to find any more. The next question would be, what is it good for? Does it have any value?

[QUOTE=Redfoot;83032]Tar does appear be a rare resource, maybe not regional. I found a small pit and it has now been depleted. Not been able to find any more. The next question would be, what is it good for? Does it have any value?[/QUOTE]

Tar has no use right now. It will be used for buildings later on, but who knows when.

Tar is planned as a companion to feathers in a secret upcoming feature.

[QUOTE=NorCalGooey;82624]Wedges, metal buckles, saw blades, human heads...over time we will figure out an approximate value using rarity of the resources as well as how important the resources are. An old saw blade might be worth 500 nails, for instance. Depending on how rare and how useful saws are compared to nails....and saws are more useful than nails even though nails

edit: when i say nails i mean screws, rivets, nails...all lightweight and have there use.[/QUOTE]

The way it's looking right now with the ratio between lightweight metal and saw blades + how useful saws are compared to nails would seem to make 5,000 nails a more reasonable price, if not more.

EDIT: Honestly, it's ridiculous.

[QUOTE=Bizley;87001]The way it's looking right now with the ratio between lightweight metal and saw blades + how useful saws are compared to nails would seem to make 5,000 nails a more reasonable price, if not more.

EDIT: Honestly, it's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Even so the point is that screws, nails, bolts, and rivits are still lightweight, and useful. They just set the basic price. So you could then convert other items also.
    Say sawblades are worth 5000 nails (I would think thats too higher of a price but lets just say).
    So getting 5k nails would be hard, but maybe you could get other things like say round bones are worth 20 nails each. You would then need 250 round bones. Then you could say that Obsidian is worth 250 nails. So you would need only 20 of those.

Point is you can figure it by how useful nails/screws/rivits,bolts are. Unlike something like dollar bills which have no real value. Right now I see no one ever giving me a saw for any amount of dollar bills.

Yup. I think those will set the prices of other items. This will take a long long time and will never be universal across the entire world of Xsyon. Perhaps different regions may have different prices.

Again, this will a long long time before it naturally falls into place (everyone knowing the value of an item by region i mean, and what the rivet/nail/screw/bolt equivalent is).