Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Good vs Evil, or not

Yesterday, I talked to a guide about the alignment system. I wanted to know how the PvP would work after beta. I assumed that there would be fights between Good and Evil with Neutral players staying out of fights most of the time. After all, they are neutral and the other players are aligned with a "faction".

But the guide told me that Neutral and Good players will be save on their territory while Evil players will not. Looting/stealing of stuff from baskets and bags on territory is not ingame. This is the same for everybody, Evil players too.

So what this comes down to is Evil players will be killable by everybody, everywhere without alignment hits. In return, they get to kill and loot players who are outside their own territory. The thing is, hardly anybody ever leaves their territory. And if they do, they are usually very close near their border so they can often sprint back within seconds. And I'm not talking about ganking new players at world entrance points. Thats not PvP, thats just lame. But I can see how they get killed because currently, thats very likely the location with the most players outside their territory.

I dont see much PvP going on and I dont understand why this has to be. From what I understood Evil players could take stuff from Good aligned territory and in return, Good players could loot from Evil territory with the advantage being at the Good players because if they die, they can respawn anywhere. The Evil player gets ported back to his tribe.

Why not make it so Good can fight Evil everywhere or if you dont want the larger scale PvP before Tribal Wars, at least implement stealing from baskets so people who want player vs player interaction in one way or another can have it.

Everybody who does not want to take part in this kind of action and rather gather and craft some stuff and build houses, terraform the area and such should pick neutral. Neutral players would have a safe zone on their claim on which neither Evil nor Good aligned players could hurt them. Also stealing from Neutral tribes territory should not be possible. They are truly Neutral, but that also means they cannot attack/kill Good or Evil aligned players or steal from their territory without alignment hits. After all, they are Neutral.

This is how things should work. Can't be too hard to enable pvp and stealing for good and evil. For neutral everything stays as it is. This way everyone can get what they want and I really can't see any disadvantages for anyone.

Wait till game goes live right now every one is sitting in tribal lands and learning the game, no point in trading. Once it'll go live goods will have to be tranported, animals tracked by hunters, there'll be plenty ocasions for evil players to set ambush and for good players to try and prevent it.

edit: If you enable looting from good tribes every one will go neutral. And what would stop me from going into your village and taking out every valuable thing you have, when all your tribe members are offline?

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Wait till game goes live right now every one is sitting in tribal lands and learning the game, no point in trading. Once it'll go live goods will have to be tranported, animals tracked by hunters, there'll be plenty ocasions for evil players to set ambush and for good players to try and prevent it.
    sorry but an important feature like the alignmentsystem should be tested in the beta...and NOT after release. the alignmentsystem is simple useless at the moment. please read again what dfend wrote ;-)

edit: If you enable looting from good tribes every one will go neutral. And what would stop me from going into your village and taking out every valuable thing you have, when all your tribe members are offline?
    Nothing would stop you from doing that except we had walls and maybe gates. Thats the fun about it. And whats the problem about everyone being neutral ?`If people want to stay safe let them, but why not giving them the chance to decide themselves ?

Quote Originally Posted by woachaos View Post
    Nothing would stop you from doing that except we had walls and maybe gates. Thats the fun about it. And whats the problem about everyone being neutral ?`If people want to stay safe let them, but why not giving them the chance to decide themselves ?
    exactly this :-)
    you wanna fight against each other? -> good or evil
    you wanna live your carebearlife? -> neutral

If you're Good and I'm Evil, nothing will stop you. In return, nothing will stop me from looting your tribe too. Thats the fun of it.

However, you could put some extremely valuable stuff on your character before logging out. With only one character per account this would work very well as you can't create mule/bank characters (well, unless you pay ...) At some point, gates might get implemented so palisades/walls might prevent people (they need to be destroyable with some effort tho). And if you're Neutral, you either cannot steal from other players territory or your alignment will shift.

If they go for alignment shift, it would have to be integrated in a way that it shifts Neutral players away from Neutral and not just towards Good or Evil or they could steal from Evil, then from Good, then from Evil again etc and would always stay Neutral.

As a long term Darkfall player I would like to throw in a point of view. One of the troubles in Darkfall is not the grieving pvp as much as a lack of pvp with meaning and to much of random pvp hunts with no meaning. There is nothing in the game mechanics that explictily prevents people from having clan warfare with meaning as instead of random pvp 'light' but there appears to also not be anything that encourages people to have more meaning behind their conflicts.

Solution? I dont know, but one thing is clear, if its 'open everything' and left for the community to form everything like Darkfall it will attract what I call the 'casual pvper' the ones that want 1vs1, grieiving and arenas.

Really good idea. This would add content to the game while you don't touch core mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by dfend View Post
    Yesterday, I talked to a guide about the alignment system. I wanted to know how the PvP would work after beta. I assumed that there would be fights between Good and Evil with Neutral players staying out of fights most of the time. After all, they are neutral and the other players are aligned with a "faction".

But the guide told me that Neutral and Good players will be save on their territory while Evil players will not. Looting/stealing of stuff from baskets and bags on territory is not ingame. This is the same for everybody, Evil players too.

So what this comes down to is Evil players will be killable by everybody, everywhere without alignment hits. In return, they get to kill and loot players who are outside their own territory. The thing is, hardly anybody ever leaves their territory. And if they do, they are usually very close near their border so they can often sprint back within seconds. And I'm not talking about ganking new players at world entrance points. Thats not PvP, thats just lame. But I can see how they get killed because currently, thats very likely the location with the most players outside their territory.

I dont see much PvP going on and I dont understand why this has to be. From what I understood Evil players could take stuff from Good aligned territory and in return, Good players could loot from Evil territory with the advantage being at the Good players because if they die, they can respawn anywhere. The Evil player gets ported back to his tribe.

Why not make it so Good can fight Evil everywhere or if you dont want the larger scale PvP before Tribal Wars, at least implement stealing from baskets so people who want player vs player interaction in one way or another can have it.

Everybody who does not want to take part in this kind of action and rather gather and craft some stuff and build houses, terraform the area and such should pick neutral. Neutral players would have a safe zone on their claim on which neither Evil nor Good aligned players could hurt them. Also stealing from Neutral tribes territory should not be possible. They are truly Neutral, but that also means they cannot attack/kill Good or Evil aligned players or steal from their territory without alignment hits. After all, they are Neutral.
    /this !