View Poll Results: Xsyon EU Server

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 33.71%
  • No

118 66.29%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Definitely a bad idea. Seeing as how this is already quite the niche game, splitting up the server population is suicide IMO. I think they just need to spend the money upgrading the current servers and leave it at that. Only open up new servers when the current one gets FULL.

Was anyone around with APB Went live and split There EU and US Community's? Omg was the US community horrible

Bad bad bad bad x1000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdemi View Post
    When it's done, ping will be very important.
    Nothing but speculation, very few MMO's have any ping dependant mechanics to the extreme of them needing sub 300ms pings, the only that do are projectile based fps systems usually. We have no clue what will happen to the combat system, what will be changed, or what will be introduced.

I dont like the idea of two servers, I dont see the need, but the decisions been made and its something we need to watch play out now and hope for the best.

Separate EU and US servers. For or against it?

Just made a quick poll to get some easily viewable results.

So what's your opinion on it? I'm against it. I have no ping issues and have people in the US I want to play with as well.

It's a good idea, but I don't believe it should be done so soon.

I'm from France and have between 100 and 500 ping these last days and i think it's good enough to play.

If there is an european server, i'll think about playing on it. I'd prefer only on international and unique server.

I totally disagree with any more special rules servers, this is a terrible idea. Split the (small) community in two is bad enough. More servers will kill the game before it can grows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    The European server was a curious move as i think we were all expecting an EvE style approach with one server and i think most of us in Euroland would have adjusted okay with the ping.

But what has really hurt Xsyon for myself is the announcement that there will be servers in the future with separate rule-sets, theres nothing worse for myself than a game that creates separate servers for different play styles.

So having become caught up in the hype about this game, where all playstyles looked to have a place in the world in true sandbox tradition, it now looks as though thats not the case, sad panda here.
    qft

Doesn't a presence in the EU zone mean that Notorious will have to collect and submit VAT charges for Euro players? Seems like a lot of overhead for an Indie company to have to deal with. A "local" option for latency and language reasons is always welcome, but do we have a big enough player base to split it up already?

Drev