Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Features from other games you'd like to see

MrDDT wrote:
    Im not looking for a mini map, Im looking for in game tools to make a maps.

You going to have maps on the net later anyways, why not have some built into the game?
    Making maps yourself sounds fine. I don't care much for a minimap, tho. Same goes for quest arrows, NPC and stats tracking, auction houses, and all that stuff. It just isn't needed imo, the development time could be used for better features.

Oh, and food should be for eating, not healing or buffs. I hate eat-to-heal...

Thorbrand wrote:
    Kill death ratio is fine but ranking means nothing really. You have to add PvP points than for how hard the target was for it to be far. Word of mouth is the only way to go. And if some does an almost impossible infiltration on and enemy tribe they will be known and hunted where just randomly killing people minding their own business isn't all that skillful. I am not saying you intend to do that but others would to increase their rank.

Maps I like the idea of needing to take your own notes and write your own map more immersion in the game.

I did think of a new one. Combat tumbling for low encumbrance fight styles.
    Im ok with no rankings, but I want stats so I can see who I killed etc later, and how I matched up.

DFO has it and I love it.

VowOfSilence wrote:
    MrDDT wrote:
    Im not looking for a mini map, Im looking for in game tools to make a maps.

You going to have maps on the net later anyways, why not have some built into the game?
    Making maps yourself sounds fine. I don't care much for a minimap, tho. Same goes for quest arrows, NPC and stats tracking, auction houses, and all that stuff. It just isn't needed imo, the development time could be used for better features.

Oh, and food should be for eating, not healing or buffs. I hate eat-to-heal...
    I want more options for food. Not just eat it to eat.

Also I want more options for healing. Not just potions or spells or over time.
    I want food to help, bandages to help, maybe even drugs or something.

More the better, give people choices.

UO has a ton of choices to heal up and I love it.

I think food and drink is set up like EQ at launch.

Cradlejoe wrote:

But thinks I wouldn't like to see in Xsyon that were in SWG is the massive urban sprawl that looked just terrible :/
    I totally agree. Back in the early days of SWG it wasn't as common to see this because it actually took time to get from one place to another. After a while the wilderness seemed to disappear and grow smaller. You couldn't fire a blaster without hitting a guild hall. :blink:

edaw22 wrote:
    Id like to see the targeting and lack of friendly fire removed from melee, I suppose like Darkfall.

Id like to see the Inventory system changed from a sot based system to a free-form system like Ultima Online

Id love to see mounted combat and ranged combat work very much like mount and blade. Mount and Blade's combat system is both incredibly fluid and realistic but it is intuitive and easy to pick up.

Id like to see torches implemented well, like in oblivion

Id like to see random events take place when you gather resources similar to Runescape, (ie, the player has been chopping wood for a long time, eventually an Ent or something will spawn that the player has to kill. This would make menial tasks interesting and make macroing difficult.

Id like to see house building similar to the way Ultima Online did it (maybe a little less complicated), where they player can lay out the floor of the house then add walls and a roof of what ever material they want. And then place doors, windows, balconies etc into the house, before finishing it with furniture.
    Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.

TangerineSky wrote:
    Thorbrand wrote:
    Maps I like the idea of needing to take your own notes and write your own map more immersion in the game.
    That just isn't realistic. Just don't use maps or lobby for the ability to turn off the minimap. The rest of us will be using www.xsyon-tips.com for our map needs after a week or two if they aren't in game.
    Making your own map isn't realistic so instead we should alt tab and look for a map on the internet?

Bumwald wrote:

Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.[/quote]

M&B is very boring to me and not really a good game.
    Warband is even worse IMO.

If you bought M&B you can get into beta for Warband for free.

Xsyon Citizen

Able to sell houses,buy and purchase houses.
    Possibly the initial advantage of building and furnishing your house to your own standards whilst in a tribal town.

This will be awesome.

Leiros wrote:
    I want to experience the thrill of exploring an unexplored region like I did during the first few weeks of Star Wars Galaxies right after launch. I want to be able to go through a game and focus on gaining skills rather than levels (like in Star Wars Galaxies before the Combat upgrade). I want to be able to sit around a campfire and drink booze with my hunting buddies after taking down a massive creature (like we used to do in Star Wars Galaxies after a Krayt Dragon hunt)... damn this makes me miss Pre-CU SWG. :dry:

I'd also like to see a game where you can spend the entire time doing something non-quest, non-leveling, non-repetitive related and feel like you accomplished something. For this I think of the musicians and entertainers in LOTRO, SWG and several other games that have had this kind of feature. I love pawning some noobs in PvP as much as the next guy, but who says a game has to be based around combat?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a true sandbox to play in! :side:

*Raises his glass*

Here's to Xsyon! May it be the game we're all hoping it will be!

*Downs a pint of beer*
    Couldnt have said it better myself... the good old days of swg... ..

but yes.. true sandbox!

also.. please add EMotes! many of them.. random ones.. ones u dont tell us about unless we try it!! keep adding them!! ahhhh!