Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re:Features from other games you'd like to see

I believe there is over 50 emotes in the game.

player-made tribe logos and flags, i think EVE had this.
    would add a lot to the game imo ^^

VowOfSilence wrote:
    Like this?

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/29-triba...-tribal-colors

Traps and perhaps sentry posts, buildings, like towers or lookouts

Dye tubs from UO. In a full loot game, I expect to replace all my clothing/armor on a regular basis. Not having to go through a lot of trouble to get a unique look would go a long way towards creating diversity in player appearances. It is often hard to recognize players you know at a glance in games where everyone gets new sets of armor/clothing daily.

Siko wrote:
    Dye tubs from UO. In a full loot game, I expect to replace all my clothing/armor on a regular basis. Not having to go through a lot of trouble to get a unique look would go a long way towards creating diversity in player appearances. It is often hard to recognize players you know at a glance in games where everyone gets new sets of armor/clothing daily.
    There is dye stuff so, I would guess you can do that.

I think its a great idea UO had and I love it.

Lily wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    Like this?

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/29-triba...-tribal-colors
    sweet! i didn't expect this to exist already...

I can see how you missed it - it's only been posted 2 weeks and pinned

ooo traps would be awesome always wanted to have this darkfall but of course thats nots happening

such so much dynamics would be added

I have not been around that long, only discovered this game today, so please forgive me if some of these things do exist.

Firstly I really really hope some of the dev team have experimented in Wurm as research for this game. There are so many parallels between what I've seen so far about this game.

So, having said that:

From Wurm, the terraforming and skill/improvement based crafting.

From Asheron's Call, run and jump skills that allow large variation in player movement rates.

Again from Asheron's Call, modification of existing items using gathered materials.

From SWG, experimentation on items.

From Horizons, the ability to make highly specialized equipment.

From Lotro, social music with the ability to freestyle. I have no musical ability but enjoy listening to others bang out a nice tune.

From, well, nowhere that I know of, realistic ranged weapon damage and realistic armor protection from said damage. Granted, magic will be problematic since it has no basis in reality.

From Entropia and Wurm both, truly open ended skills that you can work at for literally years and never actually fully master.

Just say no to ANY sort of buying advantages legitimately for real money. I'm not referring to player sales which are already a no, but game stores like most FTP games and some subscription games.

Meaningful inventory space limitations and restrictions in combat based on encumberance.

Work based crafting systems, not luck based. Joe noob should have absolutely zero chance to craft an item anywhere near the quality of a master craftsman.

Open ended criticals in combat. Joe noob should have some small chance to seriously injure or kill even the best fighter. The chances should be absurdly small for large differences in skill, but possible.

Multiple combatant bonuses and penalties. You should get significantly more experience for killing two enemies together than two enemies in two separate fights. Two people together killing one enemy should get a lot less experience per person than if they each killed the same enemy on their own.

No pass through avatars. If someone else is in a position, you should not be able to go through them. This will make formation fighting useful.

Friendly fire should most definitely exist.