Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Features from other games you'd like to see

Title says it, i guess.

Everything from Wurm Online and Haven & Hearth ^^

Re:Features from other games you'd like to see

Id like to see the targeting and lack of friendly fire removed from melee, I suppose like Darkfall.

Id like to see the Inventory system changed from a sot based system to a free-form system like Ultima Online

Id love to see mounted combat and ranged combat work very much like mount and blade. Mount and Blade's combat system is both incredibly fluid and realistic but it is intuitive and easy to pick up.

Id like to see torches implemented well, like in oblivion

Id like to see random events take place when you gather resources similar to Runescape, (ie, the player has been chopping wood for a long time, eventually an Ent or something will spawn that the player has to kill. This would make menial tasks interesting and make macroing difficult.

Id like to see house building similar to the way Ultima Online did it (maybe a little less complicated), where they player can lay out the floor of the house then add walls and a roof of what ever material they want. And then place doors, windows, balconies etc into the house, before finishing it with furniture.

edaw22 wrote:
    Id like to see the targeting and lack of friendly fire removed from melee, I suppose like Darkfall.

Id like to see the Inventory system changed from a sot based system to a free-form system like Ultima Online

Id love to see mounted combat and ranged combat work very much like mount and blade. Mount and Blade's combat system is both incredibly fluid and realistic but it is intuitive and easy to pick up.

Id like to see torches implemented well, like in oblivion

Id like to see random events take place when you gather resources similar to Runescape, (ie, the player has been chopping wood for a long time, eventually an Ent or something will spawn that the player has to kill. This would make menial tasks interesting and make macroing difficult.

Id like to see house building similar to the way Ultima Online did it (maybe a little less complicated), where they player can lay out the floor of the house then add walls and a roof of what ever material they want. And then place doors, windows, balconies etc into the house, before finishing it with furniture.
    Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.

Bumwald wrote:

Woot mount and blade is pimp! We're probably the only 2 on here who've played it unfortunatly. Can't wait for the online expansion they are making.[/quote]

M&B is very boring to me and not really a good game.
    Warband is even worse IMO.

If you bought M&B you can get into beta for Warband for free.

Xsyon Citizen

Able to sell houses,buy and purchase houses.
    Possibly the initial advantage of building and furnishing your house to your own standards whilst in a tribal town.

This will be awesome.

player customization is always..always...always good

something like from city of heroes where they let you customize every aspect of your character and a lot on your bases

tho it is too early to be doing suggestions like this xD

I forsee character customization being pretty decent in Xsyon. Though i hardly think it will be City of Heroes style when released.

Remember fancy hair do's and different eyes can come later.

I'd like to see a deep skill tree with detailed description. I'd like to see a game that encourages/rewards interaction with others. I'd like to see fluid combat that takes skill but is not a pain in the ass. I want customized every goddamn thing there could possibly be. I want dungeons that actually scare the crap outta me. I want stablity and comunication from the devs. This is a start.

I want to want to play for 10 hours(if I ever get said block of time..)a year after release. In general I just wanna have fun

I want to experience the thrill of exploring an unexplored region like I did during the first few weeks of Star Wars Galaxies right after launch. I want to be able to go through a game and focus on gaining skills rather than levels (like in Star Wars Galaxies before the Combat upgrade). I want to be able to sit around a campfire and drink booze with my hunting buddies after taking down a massive creature (like we used to do in Star Wars Galaxies after a Krayt Dragon hunt)... damn this makes me miss Pre-CU SWG. :dry:

I'd also like to see a game where you can spend the entire time doing something non-quest, non-leveling, non-repetitive related and feel like you accomplished something. For this I think of the musicians and entertainers in LOTRO, SWG and several other games that have had this kind of feature. I love pawning some noobs in PvP as much as the next guy, but who says a game has to be based around combat?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a true sandbox to play in! :side:

*Raises his glass*

Here's to Xsyon! May it be the game we're all hoping it will be!

*Downs a pint of beer*

Leiros wrote:
    I want to experience the thrill of exploring an unexplored region like I did during the first few weeks of Star Wars Galaxies right after launch. I want to be able to go through a game and focus on gaining skills rather than levels (like in Star Wars Galaxies before the Combat upgrade). I want to be able to sit around a campfire and drink booze with my hunting buddies after taking down a massive creature (like we used to do in Star Wars Galaxies after a Krayt Dragon hunt)... damn this makes me miss Pre-CU SWG. :dry:

I'd also like to see a game where you can spend the entire time doing something non-quest, non-leveling, non-repetitive related and feel like you accomplished something. For this I think of the musicians and entertainers in LOTRO, SWG and several other games that have had this kind of feature. I love pawning some noobs in PvP as much as the next guy, but who says a game has to be based around combat?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want a true sandbox to play in! :side:

*Raises his glass*

Here's to Xsyon! May it be the game we're all hoping it will be!

*Downs a pint of beer*
    You're just one big SWG Vet
    And I salute you!

But thinks I wouldn't like to see in Xsyon that were in SWG is the massive urban sprawl that looked just terrible :/