Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Macroing

Quote Originally Posted by toddesloan View Post
    macroers are companies best customers. sit back and think about it.

long as they are not exploiting the game or intefering with someone elses gameplay they really are the ideal customer.
    haha

sad but true.
    They are exploiting the game, and they are interfering with peoples gameplay.....not to mention taking server resources when gameservers dont usually plan for all players to be active 24/7, which hardcore macroers are. They do more harm than good to a company that doesn't actively police the issue, thats been seen time and time again in all mmo's.

Outside of games like EvE I would might have to agree I guess. But in EvE the mining bots are the perfect customer...because they just constantly pump more content into the sandbox lol

I can see your argument in a game like this. Somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by toddesloan View Post
    Outside of games like EvE I would might have to agree I guess. But in EvE the mining bots are the perfect customer...because they just constantly pump more content into the sandbox lol

I can see your argument in a game like this. Somewhat.
    Even in EVE, they constantly drive down the prices of Ice and Hi-Sec Ores. Why do you think the players run Hulkageddon to upset macro's

Macro's can be, and are, very damaging to MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've played a game which was fighting macroing by random events. Like if you fished for like 10-20 minutes a troll came out of the water and attacked you. Low level players had to run from it, high levels could easily killed it but if someone was afk the troll killed him in no time. In that game you dropped everything but 3 best items even in PVE death, so dieing for a river troll wasn't nice at all. Combine this with permanent stat/skill loss if dieing for a random event and you made macroing much harder.
    Very nice and funny idea...

As I said before we have hunger and thirst. You will have to eat and not eat too much otherwise it'll have negative effect on your stats. I guess, that might be main reason for people complaining about stat loss recently. If you add something like you can't craft when you're hungry, it would make macro'ing much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've played a game which was fighting macroing by random events. Like if you fished for like 10-20 minutes a troll came out of the water and attacked you. Low level players had to run from it, high levels could easily killed it but if someone was afk the troll killed him in no time. In that game you dropped everything but 3 best items even in PVE death, so dieing for a river troll wasn't nice at all. Combine this with permanent stat/skill loss if dieing for a random event and you made macroing much harder.
    That's a good idea. Of course, Yoori has a good point when he mentions the energy/hunger/thirst/comfort system. Hopefully these gauges will make it difficult for macroing.

I contacted support in regards to macro'ing and got the answer I was hoping for
    Hope it will put other minds at rest to!

Hello Chris,

We have some built in checks to prevent the effectiveness of macros and will continue to add more. We do have a stance against macroing and will enforce as possible.

Thanks for your interest in Xsyon!
    Xsyon Support Team

yoori: It's not hard to make a macro that presses fishing each 5 seconds and clicks a fish in your inventory each 10 minutes... More? You can stand in a water while fishing so adding a drink here and there won't ruin it as well. Sadly, the game mechanics are very macro-welcoming at the moment.

Chris: Thanks, that's actually great news. Lets hope that the developers are serious about this. As long as people will get banned or get any other SERIOUS penalties for using macros, it's gonna be all right. Sadly, rolling back somebody's hiding skill to 0 after he got it to 100 won't really mean that much for the same person...

Quote Originally Posted by sudo View Post
    yoori: It's not hard to make a macro that presses fishing each 5 seconds and clicks a fish in your inventory each 10 minutes... More? You can stand in a water while fishing so adding a drink here and there won't ruin it as well. Sadly, the game mechanics are very macro-welcoming at the moment.

Chris: Thanks, that's actually great news. Lets hope that the developers are serious about this. As long as people will get banned or get any other SERIOUS penalties for using macros, it's gonna be all right. Sadly, rolling back somebody's hiding skill to 0 after he got it to 100 won't really mean that much for the same person...
    Sure but that will skill your fishing skill and eating too much will decrease your stats and make you fat. I'm not saying it will eliminate macroing it'll just make it harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    Yes but terraforming/fishing/running/hidden/swiming fill 2 - 3 bar XP (each one)
    if your use Auto IT you can create complex macro(basic one bot)
    remember times in df use auto it for auto loot/scan my screen and shoot and others stuffs to become competitve ( in time dont play with dhv )
    At least the developers know who to monitor, now.

What was/is your name in DF?