Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So... Macroing

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0dUs101 View Post
    Ive already posted earlier in the thread with another response from the team that they have plans, and measures already in place to deal with Macro's.
    I've sent in a ticket asking for a bit more info, so hopefully there will be a bit more clarification on the issue.

Normally i'd expect a representative to jump on a thread like this to clarify their position. At present it could be misconstrued by some players as a green light to macro with no official response to the issue, and as we all know if you give an mmo player an inch, they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Yes. A ticket would help BUT you can't see if someone is hitting a button with his fingers or with a program EVERY skillbased MMO had macroing it simply because of how the mechanic works. Skill up while doing it. And i wouldn't call UO not selfrespecting same goes for others
    It is easy to see if its a human who keep pressing keys or a macro. A human can never press keys in say every 5 seconds...a macro is always very accurate thats why it can be caught with the proper mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    It is easy to see if its a human who keep pressing keys or a macro. A human can never press keys in say every 5 seconds...a macro is always very accurate thats why it can be caught with the proper mechanics.
    Well if that is the mechanics to "catch" the macro, then people would have random times for the key press...they are quite advanced and really hard to detect.

I am not sure but after you craft and learn a new item you notice how the craft window resets to the top and the item you have been crafted isn't in the craft window anymore? It's really fustrating (especially with no scroll bar and the slow arrow keys), but I am wondering if that is an anti-macro "feature" at this point.

Some have suggested after a random time of X (like 30 mins) something happens that requires human interaction like clicking on the right answer to an addition question or somethig like a picture with a number in it. The problem with that is that it breaks away from the immersion of the game.

Regardless, I hope they do figure out a way to stop macros...everyone who has played DF knows end result if not properly addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    If this game is well balanced a macroed person will have a maxxed char after 2-3 weeks and a "played" char after 2 month.
    And you don't see that as a problem?