Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So... Macroing

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    You can't forbid attended macroing seriously use your brain because that would also mean you have to forbid pressing a key. CHEATING is doing things that are not possible within the game mechanics, flying around, auto aim, wall hack and what not.
    I followed your advice and used my brain. It told me that you were one of the cheaters in Darkfall and you'll try doing so in Xsyon as well. I'm sorry to be the first one to tell you so, buy your definition of cheating is wrong.
    Guess what, while pushing a fishing skill each 5 seconds for 10 hours is doable in game, it's still cheating.

From ToS:
    Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.
    Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by sudo View Post
    I followed your advice and used my brain. It told me that you were one of the cheaters in Darkfall and you'll try doing so in Xsyon as well. I'm sorry to be the first one to tell you so, buy your definition of cheating is wrong.
    Guess what, while pushing a fishing skill each 5 seconds for 10 hours is doable in game, it's still cheating.

From ToS:
    Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.
    Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon.
    So which part of
    you can't forbid attended macroing
    was not understandable for you ?

Simply stop posting if you have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    So which part of was not understandable for you ?

Simply stop posting if you have no clue...
    Which part of "Use of third party software" was not understandable for you, Niburu?
    Please explain to me how exactly are you planning to practice attended macroing without using third-party software and not breaking ToS?

Which part of "Use of third party software" was not understandable for you, Niburu?
    Please explain to me how exactly are you planning to practice attended macroing without using third-party software and not breaking ToS?
    You seriously wanne tell me that pressing a button is a adventage over others

By your definition even TeamsSpeak is forbidden 3th party program. Because you can communicate with others via voice which is an adventage.

What this little text means is that any use of 3th party program that gives you any adventage like faster meele swings, more dmg, teleport, more loot, invisible walls is forbiden because others can't do that....pressing a button while AFK falls also under it because you can't do it....Pressing a button while at the PC not ^^ You trying to not look stuipid atm but if you really have no clue you should stop by now.

As i already said in a game with skill cap and well balanced character development, macros don't matter. In a grind game without character specialization like darkfall it hurt alot but thats the fault of the Dev's...simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0dUs101 View Post
    From speaking to support, it was made clear that no software of any kind that can offer any advantage was allowed under any circumstances. They TOS was also quoted stating the same.

Any questions seem to be answered quickly from the submission on the FAQ page, been a great help and peace of mind for me
    I'm glad your easily pleased, but those TOS's are the same for every game, i'd like to know how strict Xyson plans on being with such matters, since most games are lax at best with dealing with those who break the TOS.

@Niburu
    You might be right there, Niburu, but none of this has been proved so far. I, for one, haven't heard of a single self-respecting mmorpg that would allow attended macroing of any of it's in-game features. Darkfall doesn't count, because, I'm quite sure, most of us will agree, that allowing macroing for a whole year and then deciding that it's illegal is far from "normal".

Anyways, I guess the right thing to do would be to direct this question to the game officials and ask for their response. Maybe a ticket would do the trick

@Niburu
    You might be right there, Niburu, but none of this has been proved so far. I, for one, haven't heard of a single self-respecting mmorpg that would allow attended macroing of any of it's in-game features. Darkfall doesn't count, because, I'm quite sure, most of us will agree, that allowing macroing for a whole year and then deciding that it's illegal is far from "normal".

Anyways, I guess the right thing to do would be to direct this question to the game officials and ask for their response. Maybe a ticket would do the trick
    Yes. A ticket would help BUT you can't see if someone is hitting a button with his fingers or with a program EVERY skillbased MMO had macroing it simply because of how the mechanic works. Skill up while doing it. And i wouldn't call UO not selfrespecting same goes for others

@Niburu

SWG had an ingame macro mechanic. RIFT does, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    I'm glad your easily pleased, but those TOS's are the same for every game, i'd like to know how strict Xyson plans on being with such matters, since most games are lax at best with dealing with those who break the TOS.
    Ive already posted earlier in the thread with another response from the team that they have plans, and measures already in place to deal with Macro's.

Im far from easily pleased, ive just already asked and found out what I needed to and was suggesting you do the same if you need peace of mind

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    SWG had an ingame macro mechanic. RIFT does, too.
    I'm not talking about
    /cast poop
    /cast wipe
    macros that exist in all mmorpgs, obviously.

I'm talking abot "press 5; sleep 100; loop;"