Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
Very good idea, it's like a MMORPG map that needs to be occasionally updated and it could also be used as a craft. Wonder who gets the ability to craft the map though, I'm guessing the architect? Would definitely balance the game out, being that architects rarely scout. I'm also hoping that maps wouldn't take inventory space, maybe having it be part of the GUI or after using a crafted map your GUI map gets updated and the map disappears? That way, everyone will be able to update their map by scouting, but only architects could share their maps since they're the only ones that could craft them. Hope that makes sense...
I like the idea, but frankly, I think everyone should be able to craft a map. Otherwise, loner players or small tribes may not be able to do it, and everyone should be able to craft one. Now, when it comes to placing specific types of markers based on a "Cartography" level, I love that idea. Of course, how you gain levels in something like Cartography, I'm not sure and I'm not sure if it's even necessary. The map system I'm suggesting is meant to be a simple craftable, tradeable, and updateable guide. It isn't really meant to be a full-fledged profession or craft.

Thanks for the feedback though everyone. I'm sure this could be refined and perfected, but I really do think the navigation and mapping should be done like this, as it complements the game's design much more than a simplistic GUI map that is already filled in or just gets filled in once.