Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Well met folks. I just wanted to stop by and thank you all for the invite recently. This game combined with Hopi has already been a highlight of my gaming, and I have been gaming since Atari 2600 launched and Commodore 64 was the cream of the crop. I want to thank Hopi for being completely awesome in their morals and sense of community, it feels like a tribe! I want to thank Jooky and crew for giving us the freedom to do this... because as you know, we very much need and love this.

Below is a post that I made on Hopi's forums yesterday. I am reposting it here so that others can get a sense of what I felt upon finding these great folks and this game. I know that this sort of game is not for everyone, but for those of us who have been waiting for this our entire gaming lives, we appreciate it more than anyone will ever know. This is a time to create relationships and memories. A time for banding together and weathering the pioneering that we about to set forth on. There is more soul in this game than everything else out there, combined, in my opinion. And folks like Hopi are a big part of that. Anyway, here's a copy of my post, thanks guys and gals, it truly is a pleasure being here with you all.

Well met folks.

After a short but challenging (and fun!) journey, I arrived last night at Hopi homelands. After such a short time in this world, I must express my excitement as I came over a hill and saw the settlement across the river. It took my breath away, seriously. The foundation of a new settlement, tribesmen and tribeswomen all going about their daily chores and business, fires and structures, even a giant sand castle.

As I tried to feverishly make my way down the embankment and across the river, I had my first run in with the wildlife in this world. A raccoon, and it bit me! Well, I reacted as quickly as i could, my new found bliss still present caused some delay I am sure. One raccoon head later, I was bloody and needed a swim in that river... that cold river.

So across I go, and up the hill and I find myself in the middle of paradise. No kidding here folks, laugh at me if you want, this has been my dream since I started gaming on PC's, back with Zork and all of the other Infocom classics. Through all of the MUDs and into M59 and UO, EQ and AC1, through it all, this has been my dream. A dream that has been closest realized in games such as MineCraft, which only lacked the in game community and family that I so longed for as part of the equation.

I called out and Amaru answered, quickly brought me under the wings of the tribe and took a nice amount of his time to show me around the camp. What you all have done here is wonderful, and has brought this 40 year old bum to his gaming roots. I watched in awe as people came and went, bringing goods and supplies, taking what they needed, and acting as one. One family. One tribe.

This is going to sound bad I am sure, but I instantly had memories flooding back from being a kid and watching Little House on the Prarie. The community support, the fact that everyone is important. After running around the area and picking my jaw off the floor many times, I started peeking at the various projects that are unfinished, and seeing we needed. Without any direction, or hand holding like in most games, I simply knew what had to be done, and off I went. Logs, nails, thread, food, anything... I just went and got what I could, and brought it back.

It's amazing where our minds can take us when given the freedom to think for ourselves, isn't it? Xsyon to me has been a dream without a name, until 3 days ago. Today, It not only has a name, but I am there to experience it. Hopi is a major part of that for me, finding like minded people, peaceful & honest folks who want to earn their keep and help others, was key to my happiness here. Because as much as I loved Xsyon from the 8 or so hours I had played it over the past 2 days, nothing could compare to how I felt upon arrival at Hopi and meeting those of you who were there.

I'm having a few crash issues once in a while, I have been sending those logs to Jooky and I know he's busy and working on things like that, so if I ever log out abruptly, mid sentence or conversation or something, that's likely why and I should be right back.

So in closing, this is a 'thank you' for being such a caring part of this community, from those of us who are looking for not only the best sandbox, but the best people to enjoy it with.

~Vrog

Hello all

Well I have been playing for 3 days and love this game! I am looking for a nice mature tribe. Looks like you guys have something going on and are having allot of fun doing it. I would like to join in the fun.

I have submitted an application on your website, my in game name is Norm. I look forwards to hearing from you.

If I am going around this wrong please let me know.

Im just starting to play right now, is there anyway i can get an invite? Is there a type of application process? Id love to join this tribe

There's an application process, yes.
    Check us out here http://www.hopixsyon.com/
    These are wonderful folks

@Malthci: Click on my signature, that will take you to our guild site, you can apply there

Thanks for everyone for the interest in Hopi, its nice to read your posts here. Applications have been accepted, sorry about the delay ! Weekends are usually busy for me so just got the opportunity to check them out.

For the ones who would like to apply, if you can post here or pm me that would be a great help and would speed up the process Its not required but would help me

Thank you all, and welcome to our new members !

Alright well i just applied a couple of minutes ago i hope i get in!

one of the friendliest and helpful organization across many online gaming communities i was not disapointed at all. join you will not regret it

Greetings from The Regulators! We are a tribe south of you that values many of the same principles and beliefs you do. We value and uphold democracy and peace in our lands. We work with tribes nearby to keep our shared lands safe and secure from gankers and griefer tribes. I hope we can prosper, share knowledge and uphold honesty and a the peace loving area we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    Greetings from The Regulators! We are a tribe south of you that values many of the same principles and beliefs you do. We value and uphold democracy and peace in our lands. We work with tribes nearby to keep our shared lands safe and secure from gankers and griefer tribes. I hope we can prosper, share knowledge and uphold honesty and a the peace loving area we live in.
    Good day to you! Ive no doubt the Hopi and Regulators will get along together and bring a rich and prosperous area to the world we all live in, look forward to crossing paths in the near future

For anyone out there looking for a place to call home, a place of peace and of family, somewhere to grow and bring life to the baron world we have awoken to, please contact us via our website and see if we may be the home you've longed for! From crafting and gathering, to hunting and defending our loved ones, the Hopi has a place for everyone - http://www.hopixsyon.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    Thank you, blackice ! These are our goals as well, and we are looking forward to work together with you and your tribemates to create a viable and peaceful environment in our area. Glad to see likeminded tribes nearby