Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Safe Area exploit?

Scenario: I'm a solo player, and I love to grief people. I run around in the wilderness and I see somebody collecting something/farming mobs/crafting/whatever. I get kind of close to this person and start a tribe, then proceed and attack that person and he can't fight back because it's my safe area. After I'm done, I disband the tribe and go look for next target. If this makes me go evil, then I will just use an alt and keep deleting him once he turns evil and give the loot to my main.

Scenario 2: "Good" griefers do this to "Evil" players w/out any penalty or risk.

Am I over thinking this?

Yes i also think that when you attack someone on your tribe area he should be able to fight back

Yes, you're over thinking it.

Scenario 1 cant be done, because if you are in your safe zone and attack another player, you can then be attacked in your own safe zone. If this isnt working now, it should be reported as a bug, cos that is how it is reportedly supposed to happen.

Scenario 2 is how things will work as normal. Evil players can always be attacked, anywhere, even in their tribe zones, by good players. Not sure about neutral players.

Not to mention you can only have one character, thus you will be evil. Thus no protection in the first place.

I believe it will require more than one player to start a tribe in the Prelude and beyond. So you would need to be a nomadic tribe to pull this off. Anyone out in the wilderness that sees 5 guys approaching them would be wise to run away as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Venciera View Post
    I believe it will require more than one player to start a tribe in the Prelude and beyond. So you would need to be a nomadic tribe to pull this off. Anyone out in the wilderness that sees 5 guys approaching them would be wise to run away as quickly as possible.
    Why run? If not evil, you'll just spawn right where you died.

Stay ungeared... Annoy the hell out of people even if they kill you.

Wow, people really arent up to date with the intended mechanics.

It is confirmed that 1 man tribes are in, full stop. Come Prelude, there WILL be 1 man tribes, nothing more to say.

Spawning will be done at your totem, this is supposed to be in by release, and I seriously hope it is, otherwise thats gonna seriously suck.