Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Differences from now and the 18th launch.

ive read something like individual totems will be removed so individuals wont be able to have a "safe zone" around theyre camp etc. is that true? will there be more differences between actual gameplay and what we will find on launch?

i asked the same question somewere, which features are enablled and disabled and what we will see at release and what not. No answere yet. So yeah i think we have to wait ^^

You will be able to have a one man tribe/totem on release. It will require 10 people, on the other hand, to turn that tribe/totem into a town.

If you check the features page, that is basically what will be in game come release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    You will be able to have a one man tribe/totem on release. It will require 10 people, on the other hand, to turn that tribe/totem into a town.

If you check the features page, that is basically what will be in game come release.

you know the benfits of a town ?

I thought quests were one, but unsure now since 1 man tribes have quests on totems. Evolutions such as agriculture and religion will apparently be available only to towns, and having your totem registered as a starting area to new players I think is also a perk of a town.

7 days in 16h working i think possible code about 100mb in lines but dont sure is to head start to release possible make anothers cool stuff
    100mb possible in my mind include item stats/decay/tooltips

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    7 days in 16h working i think possible code about 100mb in lines but dont sure is to head start to release possible make anothers cool stuff
    100mb possible in my mind include item stats/decay/tooltips
    HUH?

I hope they let 1-man tribes stay. It adds a fun element to the game where you have small groups, families, pairs, and solitary individuals who can trade and interact with larger tribes. Case in point, I was scouting with two other tribesman yesterday and as we were exploring, we stumbled upon a 2-person tribe in the middle of nowhere. He had a campfire, a single tent, and some containers on the ground. We stopped, talked to him for a bit, and moved on. It was a fun encounter to find him just out in the middle of nowhere, and that's part of what makes this game cool.

I don't know why they don't just give it a 1-man camp that has a really really small size and can not be expended, not 1-man tribe. If later that solo players wants to start or join a tribe, the camp is destroyed automatically, and/or left there for anybody to destroy/use.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    I hope they let 1-man tribes stay. It adds a fun element to the game where you have small groups, families, pairs, and solitary individuals who can trade and interact with larger tribes. Case in point, I was scouting with two other tribesman yesterday and as we were exploring, we stumbled upon a 2-person tribe in the middle of nowhere. He had a campfire, a single tent, and some containers on the ground. We stopped, talked to him for a bit, and moved on. It was a fun encounter to find him just out in the middle of nowhere, and that's part of what makes this game cool.
    Yes but that 2-man tribe has the land reserved around them for the maximum 50-man tribe area. Thats the part people dont like. Is that 1 person making it so an actual tribe cant place a totem in such a large area.