Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Move GameServers to UK

Game Servers should be in the UK or somewhere in that region. Best network connection worldwide, so people in Europe had a chance to play with acceptable pings, too.
    I can't see why you would put a gameserver for an international game to Chicago srsly..
    Gameservers in the UK produce pings < 100 for whole Europe most parts of the US and even Russia.

greetings,
    SarrethPRO

Agreed, I think the eve-online servers are hosted in london.

IP is 87.237.38.200 if someone wants to ping it.
    From germany I got a ping of 34.

Ive got a better idea...

Lets put the servers in Australia, so I get a good ping instead.

Perhaps you should research the network that is called the internet. The center of the internet world is the US. Australia and all of Australasia routes via the US to Europe, so basically, Europe is at one end of the internet, Australasia the other, and the US is in the middle. That is why international games are best off having servers in the US.

Europe FTW!!!

Might be true, but it needs some testing. I could use lower pings.

Quote Originally Posted by Isley View Post
    Agreed, I think the eve-online servers are hosted in london.

IP is 87.237.38.200 if someone wants to ping it.
    From germany I got a ping of 34.
    431ms. I'd have a 34ms ping too if the server was right next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Ive got a better idea...

Lets put the servers in Australia, so I get a good ping instead.

Perhaps you should research the network that is called the internet. The center of the internet world is the US. Australia and all of Australasia routes via the US to Europe, so basically, Europe is at one end of the internet, Australasia the other, and the US is in the middle. That is why international games are best off having servers in the US.
    Only that Australia is in the back of beyond not only internet-wise.. I bet more than 90% of the cummunity is from either Europe, Westcoast or Russia and for those UK would be the best compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    431ms. I'd have a 34ms ping too if the server was right next door.

<30ms avg ping, I am right next door!!

I wasn't aware that this is a twitch game that needs less then a 150ms ping time to be competitive?

270ms in EU
    180ms in US

Quote Originally Posted by Hooflung View Post
    <30ms avg ping, I am right next door!!

I wasn't aware that this is a twitch game that needs less then a 150ms ping time to be competitive?
    Aim based full loot PvP?

UK gameserver would be awesome. Its a prime server location for US and Europe with acceptable pings from Middle East too. Personally, I ping 38ms to the IP