Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyip View Post
    You should be able to hit whoever. You just got to be careful. If you go in swinging like a maniac then you should be able to hit friend or foe. Floating names full time would ruin it. I believe it was just recently changed to the way it is because the name was always over your head. It would prevent you from running and hiding and sneaking up on someone.
    Yes, leave FF on and floating names are fine as they are, no need to see somebody coming from a hundred meters away just because his name floats above the grass or peaks around a tree.

I think with solution i came up is the best I added it to main post

When you battle in groups you take your chances. There is and will always be a chance of friendly fire when in groups OR IN REAL LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    I think with solution i came up is the best I added it to main post
    I do somewhat agree with the colored names. But they should be close to you. But even friendly names should not hover all times. Just when looked at/targeted as it is now

This is a simple fix floating names and all are fine way are now just need a target loc system so you dont swing out of friendly fire. And loc being able to be broken if that person hides successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by lp0okmnji9 View Post
    This is a simple fix floating names and all are fine way are now just need a target loc system so you dont swing out of friendly fire. And loc being able to be broken if that person hides successfully.
    ur idea goes to main post i like it too especialy targeting system part

Quote Originally Posted by gerrig72 View Post
    It's not like u gonna recognize frind from foe from facial recognition, style and such, which can be done in real life, to few appearence alternatives for once and so much more. With all the realisism u want, this is still a game, and to make it playable there might be things needed that isnt in real life. Like a recognition system regarding friend from foe. Floatin name in color, icon, warning (You are fighting a tribes man!) or something. An indicator is needed. Dont belive in friendly fire disallowed, since magic of sort will appear at some time in game and area effect should effect all in area.
    Well, a lot of rambling and no solution here though, mostly a thought.
    Totally agree. At this point, to not see all players similar to some clones, you'd have to use a first person view, not desirable(you know the games that failed with it) since in real life view you have a much wider angle. If i hit a friend in RL, he would yell at me at once, and I should realize my mistake immediately. Nothing close to that in here.
    And don't start with vent or other voice comms, neither will be faster than software that knows that as you do it and warns you.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    you have to remember they all can be looted and i could loot enemy armor set and look exactly like your tribesmen...

I personaly think that names have to be visual and highlited and we need to see them from distance if you in tribe this would prevent lot of confusion in heat of battle seriously make things easyer and avoid friendly fire as much as possible!

Thats were the fun start and the good organized group can get a edge over the unorganized group. More Icons=Less player interaction.
    The Armor thing is simply brilliant if you can loot enemy armor and get into there territory unseen

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Thats were the fun start and the good organized group can get a edge over the unorganized group. More Icons=Less player interaction.
    The Armor thing is simply brilliant if you can loot enemy armor and get into there territory unseen
    This is my first post but i really have to support this.

Quote Originally Posted by lp0okmnji9 View Post
    Dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Like.

I don't want the game to tell me who I can and cannot hit. I want to be able to use my judgement.