Add scrap bones to resources?

With the relatively low creature population at the moment, all crafts requiring bones are extremely difficult to produce. It seems logical that after a cataclysmic event, there would be scrap bones among the other resources (metal, leather, plastic, cloth). Besides, you can see bones in all the textures of the junk piles. This would help to emphasize the rebuilding movement of prelude and allow players to more fully explore crafting and also promote diversity of armor/tools/weapons.

Comments?

If you scavenge on junk piles you will find bones - I have.

Yep, you can find bones that way. But, you would be better of searching for animals then scavanging bones. The new patch notes say the # of animals will be significantly increased for prelude, so this may not be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    With the relatively low creature population at the moment, all crafts requiring bones are extremely difficult to produce. It seems logical that after a cataclysmic event, there would be scrap bones among the other resources (metal, leather, plastic, cloth). Besides, you can see bones in all the textures of the junk piles. This would help to emphasize the rebuilding movement of prelude and allow players to more fully explore crafting and also promote diversity of armor/tools/weapons.

Comments?
    Yup, it gets my vote.

+1

Hmm... I like the idea but I would make it pretty rare to see it in the resource window while in a junk pile. Kinda how like flint is pretty rare when walking on granite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yep, you can find bones that way. But, you would be better of searching for animals then scavanging bones. The new patch notes say the # of animals will be significantly increased for prelude, so this may not be necessary.
    I have not had a hard time finding a lot of animals to kill.

If you wander around scavenging high in the mountains, you will likely run into a pack of 3 coyotoes or a bear. Take them down, and you will likely be encumbered by the number of bones/etc that you get. Plus it is more exciting than just gathering from a junk pile.

I think it works out, imo.

This is really not needed.

You kill one animal you get tons of bone. Finding and killing animals is pretty easy, and it will become easier come release when more animals (types and quantities) will be in the game. And I guess if/when husbandry comes in, you can just kill your livestock for food and bones and fur.