Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosfc1986 View Post
    devs are in touch with the tribe leaders and im sure its them who are pushing to get this working at release...just make a poll so we show the devs that solo players are in a good number as well, they will be loosing people if they are going to forget about us like this, just cos a bunch of carebear leaders are afraid of not getting the superuberlwet spot.

btw if someone takes ur spot, force him to leave. its easy he can lift up the totem and go to another place or u (the stronger tribe) will harass him untill he do. this is sandbox omg!
    Harassing someone until they give up should only be one of many options. As a sandbox game, that tribe should just be able to walk in and destroy the totem themselves, you know, cause theyre bigger and whatnot.

This is being done to prevent griefing. Simple as that. Think of it this way, if people could place homesteads anywhere on the first day, and there was a tribe who wanted to set up in a specific spot, if someone wanted to grief that particular tribe all they would have to do is slap their homestead right where the tribe wanted to set up. This would prevent the tribe from setting up around where they wanted to and would force them to move x(max tribe radius) away from where they wanted to. To go further with this, there is absolutely nothing the tribe could do about it, with the exception of trying to camp the person who set up their homestead. No war system, no way to get them to leave.

I see people here saying "Well just kill them until they leave!". Easier said than done, as most griefers are almost unbelievably persistent. You can't destroy their totem, hell, you can't even attack them inside their little "bubble" referred to as the tribe barriers. All they have to do is see how fast they can poke their head out of their bubble without getting it chopped off. This was put in because there was a lack of a game mechanic to stop one man tribe areas, or "homesteads", from griefing the living hell out of tribes. If it was as simple as just forcing them to leave, we'd butcher them as soon as they put their totem down. Unfortunately, this is not possible. All they have to do is buy a second copy of the game, and you will never get them to move. They would simply just put their totem down and log off for eternity, with no way for you to eliminate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    This is being done to prevent griefing. Simple as that. Think of it this way, if people could place homesteads anywhere on the first day, and there was a tribe who wanted to set up in a specific spot, if someone wanted to grief that particular tribe all they would have to do is slap their homestead right where the tribe wanted to set up. This would prevent the tribe from setting up around where they wanted to and would force them to move x(max tribe radius) away from where they wanted to. To go further with this, there is absolutely nothing the tribe could do about it, with the exception of trying to camp the person who set up their homestead. No war system, no way to get them to leave.

I see people here saying "Well just kill them until they leave!". Easier said than done, as most griefers are almost unbelievably persistent. You can't destroy their totem, hell, you can't even attack them inside their little "bubble" referred to as the tribe barriers. All they have to do is see how fast they can poke their head out of their bubble without getting it chopped off. This was put in because there was a lack of a game mechanic to stop one man tribe areas, or "homesteads", from griefing the living hell out of tribes. If it was as simple as just forcing them to leave, we'd butcher them as soon as they put their totem down. Unfortunately, this is not possible. All they have to do is buy a second copy of the game, and you will never get them to move. They would simply just put their totem down and log off for eternity, with no way for you to eliminate them.
    You are leaving out one VERY important part about griefers.... The almighty power of the Guide! One prayer to a guide and poof your problem is solved.

well so far a look at this poll http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-going-to-play shows that jooky is alienating half his player base with this "idea" It seems to be his relationship with the tribe leaders of the larger tribes is a little bit too unhealthy and its thru pandering to their demands that decisions seem to be made. Just like the we'll teleport the large tribes to their starting spot at launch.

Ok, unfairness for unfairness: let the leaders of the 10 (12,15,9...whatever) big tribes have access to the game X (X=1, 2, 3,...whatever) hours before opening the gates of the server to everybody. Make them select their spot and log out.

It's unfair, but as a member of a 3 people tribe I feel like I would tolerate this option more than being unable to play certain parts of the game at release. This would also have the benefit of not having to code in any hurried changes before the go live of the game.

6. 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM

You have to implement is this way.

Or else everyone would ninja all the totem spots. It would be aweful for the sandbox because that is exactly what would happen.

10 players to place a totem is totally legit.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    well so far a look at this poll http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-going-to-play shows that jooky is alienating half his player base with this "idea" It seems to be his relationship with the tribe leaders of the larger tribes is a little bit too unhealthy and its thru pandering to their demands that decisions seem to be made. Just like the we'll teleport the large tribes to their starting spot at launch.
    If anyone gets special treatment the way you mentioned above (teleport larger tribes to there chosen areas) I will deffinently take alternative measures. I will leave it at that...

I'll tell you what, I was planning on going solo, building up my little house and crafting armors, but if I can't do that I have to switch to my plan b, circling around tribes and killing/stealing everything I see.

I would prefer my first plan.. And I am uncertain about a lot of things as of now. I got this game a week ago and features keep changing on a day by day basis.. The devs are opening up the door for lots of credit card charge back and that will hurt their credit.

This is very, very bad, claiming land should be sorted out the moment servers go live, doing it like this, well, is very, very bad.

Large tribes can grief, well, everyone else, tribe of 50 can drop 40 totems, if number gets lowered to 5 they can drop 45 totems.

Even tribe of 20 can drop 10 totems (15), without much fear of spot(s) being taken, so they dont even need to hurry it...

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Why would you limit the beginning for solo players like this?

I have paid my preorder just like EVERYONE else has, as a matter of fact there are a lot of solo players that have been here since you turned on the servers and to find out a week before the prelude you are telling us we can't play like everyone else?

In my opinion this is a crappy way to treat the solo players!!!
    It is relatively easy.
    YOU ARE TAKING UP PRECIOUS SPACE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED.
    That oughta do it.

I've paid just as much money to have a tribe location.. Why should a solo player in a multiplayer game be favoured over the others.. You are just solo. We are many many more.
    Go play fekking WoW if you want to solo.. (that was meant as a.. Come on, grow up and stop complaining that a game for once do NOT favour solo players.)