Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    First thing let me talk about Jooky and the solo player, Over the last 18 pages I have seen how Jooky is not looking out for the solo player. This is not true, Jooky's idea for this game never had solo players in it. The fact that he is doing all this for solo players shows how much he is trying to help you all. Just the fact he gave solo players solo tribes show how much he cares. Changing Solo Tribes to Homesteads also shows how Jooky is trying to show the solo player base love. I do feel that if there is any way to do a push back to letting us in, Then push it back till the Homesteads are ready, And we all can start off at the same time.

But even if he can't stop the live date(18th), It does not mean he is crapping on you solo players. This is a small game team and not every thing goes as planned, And adding solo to the game could not have helped on his time. So yes it will suck, But no he is not doing this because he hates you. It's not because he does not care for you. He just ran out of time.

And remember this game was never meant to have solo players in it, It was build around the idea of tribes! Not the single player.

Just so you 'survival experts' know, small societies and loners (trappers, miners, traders) have often survived threats of attack from large, predatory groups by isolating themselves from those groups. The game world isn't large enough to allow this (I suppose eventually it could be), and now tommybomb even admits that the idea of letting the big guys have that head start is partly to prevent safety through what isolation the game world does allow.

As for realism, don't even try that claim. The game doesn't have communicable disease, does it? Can half a tribe die after a visit from a flu-infected trader or walk around weakened (suffering massive stat loss) for weeks or months (unable, for the sake of realism, to end their illness debuff through death, which, may I remind you, is unrealistically impermanent in this game). This is a game. All realism serves the game world, not the other way around.

But if the %30 or less of players in their 10+ tribes are going to get their way despite the %70+ majority of players who will be harmed by them, then I suspect this game's 'reality' will cater to that large tribe, pro-pvp (with no consequences) minority voice. Why, I don't know. Perhaps aliksteel is right and it's in keeping with the game developer's vision. Which is fine. It's his game. And it's my monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Your salty carebear tears really are delicious. Get onboard with Jookys game or go play another. Although I have to admit, your pixels will be sorely missed.
    That's just it, I'm confused about his vision for the game, because people are posting his descriptions of what he wants Xsyon to be, and his words do seem to paint a far different (and in my opinion better) Xsyon than your carebear tear-slurping etch-a-sketch gank-fest fantasy land.

umadbro?
    You troll, bro?

Of course you do, and are. You're trying to make me mad, but you can't. But I applaud your effort. When I decide to annoy someone, I do it in better and more memorably, though. Just so you know, you're way outclassed in the troll department. I didn't come here to troll or be trolled. I came here to find out what the proposed start delay means for solo players and for players who prefer small tribes. I'm getting mixed signals from everyone but you, however, unless you are Jooky in disguise, I can't rely on the accuracy of your posts. Now, if you were to quote some things Jooky has said that backs up your claims, that might help. Did I miss the posts somewhere in which you ceased your somewhat entertaining but uninformative trolling long enough to post any facts to back up your claims that the game is designed to be heavily pvp oriented, to heavily favor the large tribes, and that we solo and small group players are not wanted?

In fact, if what you say is true, perhaps it's time to offer the %70 percent of us in the posted poll who do not fit in with the supposed vision full refunds in hopes that we'll leave quietly and not ruin the game's concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    That's just it, I'm confused about his vision for the game, because people are posting his descriptions of what he wants Xsyon to be, and his words do seem to paint a far different (and in my opinion better) Xsyon than your carebear tear-slurping etch-a-sketch gank-fest fantasy land.
    Yup, I would also like an official, definite answer to that. Both the official ruleset and the carebear tear-slurping part. So, tommyboy, tell us where that solo player touched you. Was it in the no no zone?

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    ... And remember this game was never meant to have solo players in it, It was build around the idea of tribes! Not the single player.
    Certainly one of the most sensible posts in this thread and a voice of reason. Thank you for that.

However, I doubt the vision that this game was never meant to have solo players in it. It always will. Most of the new players, almost by definition, start their experience solo. Every game, whatever it is, needs new players, most of them have their first game experience solo before they meet other people and join a tribe or setup an own one or decide to stay alone.

Whatever they do, the new player experience must be taken into consideration. And because almost all new players start solo the solo experience must be considered, even when a tribe from beta days complains about it.

The obvious solution, of course, would be to have only 3 or 4 starting locations and have new players autojoin a pre-made tribe at these locations. Mind you, that need to be locations that provide gameplay (resources, recipes, junkheaps, etc.) for a few days or a week and are safe from PvP. Every player would be free to leave that auto-tribe whenever he wishes, I would suggest that a new player gets auto-booted from that new player tribe after 2 weeks.

That way the big clans from beta can have their spot without impacting the new player experience too much.

And why I am typing all this? Hardly everone will read it in this heated discussion anway.

If Jordi doesn't cater to solo players, then why is he constantly bending over backwards for them?

Solo players ask for all the skills at the start of the game... they get it.
    Solo players ask for one man tribes... they get it

He is giving the opportunity to solo, and he's done so in the best way he can right now. If he implements it any other way, the larger body of the player base will complain because you will have random assholes stealing tribal land. Once again, there is no way for a larger tribe to eliminate the homestead that is on their land, because there is no war system. Asking for GMs to delete other tribes because they're on your spot is ... well ... it should be unneeded. A game feature should take care of that, not a policing squad.

70%

Ninja please.

The poll in no way reflects how people feel about the rules, it only relfects a very small sample of people who have voted how large of a group they plan on playing with. You also have lumped the "Undecided" in with your "large percentage", which just goes to show how you are willing to skew the facts to fit your position. The fact is, solo players are the minority and the game is designed with tribes in mind. I will not go through and cite the resources you have at your own disposal. I have no reason to make that effort, as I support the decision for reasons I've already stated.

Also, the fact that you say you aren't mad, and how vehemently you object to my position that Jooky is making the right decisions shows how truly angered you really are. You're fooling noone but yourself.

<3
    It's actually kind of funny that you think I'm pissed, because some days, I admit, it doesn't take much to piss me off! However, you have failed to quite strike the right note. Perhaps it's because I can see that you are more intelligent than the usual troll (which makes countering your posts an exercise in sharp wit rather than in bludgeoning you with simple nerd rage). It also helps that you are clearly trying to piss me off, which of course, being the contrary person I am, makes me inclined to do the opposite of what you want. I'm afraid you lose this round, better luck next time!

(Are you going to post any Jooky quotes that back your assertions about his vision for Xsyon, by the way? This sparring has been entertaining, but still not very informative!)

I agree Gamefreak. Add in "GM Evicted me" threads and suddently there's a rallying cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    If Jordi doesn't cater to solo players, then why is he constantly bending over backwards for them?

Solo players ask for all the skills at the start of the game... they get it.
    Solo players ask for one man tribes... they get it

He is giving the opportunity to solo, and he's done so in the best way he can right now. If he implements it any other way, the larger body of the player base will complain because you will have random assholes stealing tribal land. Once again, there is no way for a larger tribe to eliminate the homestead that is on their land, because there is no war system. Asking for GMs to delete other tribes because they're on your spot is ... well ... it should be unneeded. A game feature should take care of that, not a policing squad.
    I completely agree that no one should be allowed to grief in this fashion. However, the solution seems to give large tribes an opportunity to grief smaller tribes and soloers by letting them coordinate a setup that excludes everyone else from good spots, surrounds and entraps the small tribes and solo players, and controls all the rivers and roads, if there are enough of them to manage it, and there may well be. If that isn't a recipe for griefing, what is?