Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    This actually sucks we got 5 guys of our clan playing what are we supposed to do for the next 10 days? you can't really play the game unless you are on your own land cause you are so limited.

I mean 10 days of boring gameplay could actually put people off playing the game at all.
    This was changed. Only people with 5 members in their tribe or more can claim land, rather then 10 or more.

lol, one group seems to think the devs are catering to the solo crowd, while another group says that its catering to tribes. I think the devs are walking a fine line and think they are doing a good job. Obviously this is a very contentious issue, but I think it will work itself out when the mad rush happens and everyone goes their separate ways. There are places that will clearly attract large tribes and just as clear places that will attract the solo crowd. They reduced the tribe number to 5, so thats a concession. I'm not sure whether homesteads start immediately or not, but if they do, thats a concession to the solo players. Everyone seems to be a genius when they aren't in the drivers seat. While its a very good discussion, I think ppl are getting a bit too emotional and raging when its really counter producting.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    ~snippit~
    Ok cool I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Except where you say that going solo helps you learn the game faster. My experience has been that a greater number of people can touch more parts of the game, learn them and then disseminate that information to their peers. I suppose if the only successful method of retaining information available to you is to learn by doing, you would be right....
    Yes... I very much enjoy the learn by doing tactic. Sometimes it's a real bitch... as I found out senior year of college when asked to help polar align a telescope in the afternoon at night and in negative degree weather. After we left at 2 a.m. we were pros. Nearly died of frost bite, but pros. However that WAS the only method in that situation. Had we have had a PBS video of the professor doing it in the day time instead of vague incomplete directions from a user manual, we'd have taken that in a heartbeat. We might not have been as good individually at the end without the trial and error, but the job would have been done with nearly the same quality and most likely quicker.

No official word yet on homesteaders being able to place totems tomorrow with everyone else? I'm still confused. As usual.

Looks like everyone places same time. At least thats the going rumor. And did you guys see a page or so back in this thread...Tommy posted an entire paragraph that had really good content!

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    Looks like everyone places same time. At least thats the going rumor. And did you guys see a page or so back in this thread...Tommy posted an entire paragraph that had really good content!
    I don't like rumor, I like answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    It has bee changed, check out update thread under announcements Everyone gets to play from the start
    actually nowhere in updates does it say anything about changing it. I do hope this is true but honestly curious how you come to think this, I might be hungover but nowhere does it rescind the original statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    actually nowhere in updates does it say anything about changing it. I do hope this is true but honestly curious how you come to think this, I might be hungover but nowhere does it rescind the original statement!
    It is true, though. You can homestead, just as tribes can place totems. I hope homesteaders will try to leave the wide, flat areas for the tribes and pick spots up a little way in the mountains or otherwise too small for a tribe. There are plenty of junkpiles in the mountains if you look (much easier now that we have no snow!) so give the giant hippie communes a break.

Because this is a MMOrpg not a single player rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
    Because this is a MMOrpg not a single player rpg.
    hmmm, really! And, unfortunately your statement have no significance whatsoever to the topic. As you can see, everyone can place their totem, and thats the only way it should be, thanks to Xsyon team!