Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Why would you limit the beginning for solo players like this?

I have paid my preorder just like EVERYONE else has, as a matter of fact there are a lot of solo players that have been here since you turned on the servers and to find out a week before the prelude you are telling us we can't play like everyone else?

In my opinion this is a crappy way to treat the solo players!!!
    No I totally agree that a solo player can not create a totem. Solo players are just that - Solo.

They can own a homestead or the such like but not a totem - they are for tribes and last time I looked one man was not a tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    No I totally agree that a solo player can not create a totem. Solo players are just that - Solo.

They can own a homestead or the such like but not a totem - they are for tribes and last time I looked one man was not a tribe.
    missing the point again, i dont think many solo players would be annoyed if homesteads were available from friday just like a tribes totem is.

I think what bruisie159 is trying to say is - we dont care if we get homesteads or tribes - but we do care about not having the chance to claim our spot on the same day as everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by parkezu View Post
    I think what bruisie159 is trying to say is - we dont care if we get homesteads or tribes - but we do care about not having the chance to claim our spot on the same day as everybody else.

This is my point EXACTLY, this is the whole reason behind the thread to begin with!!!

This is my point EXACTLY, this is the whole reason behind the thread to begin with!!!
    hehe im with u tredo! And the depth of feeling over this is obvious, i mean check out the number of views this thread has. Huge amount is such a short time even more than the stickied guides. Favouring one group of players over another is a terrible way to launch a game, easpecially this late on.

i have only just started the game this week..last night for an hour to be precise.
    What drew me to the game was the whole "sandbox" experience! i can do whatever i want.

Ok what if i want to go down the difficult route of soloing? is sandbox " you be/do anything you want other than solo"

What if i want to make my place in the world? that is the main point that drew me here. Well it seems like you can only make your place in the world if you have teamed up with a bunch of people already...if not then sorry you have to fight over the scraps!

I have played too many games where big guilds call the shots...not saying i wont join a tribe...just saying i am new and wanted to take my time and find my place first. This is meant to be a sandbox not a guild hall!

i would be happy with a small homestead and restrictions on placing them. for example;

You can place a totem to claim a small x area of land to yourself. If you decide to move on then the totem is destroyed and you have a two week real time countdown untill you can place another. so simply choose wisely. Dont rush just to claim any piece of land you stumble across.

This would make me really search and think about where im placing. " this looks like a great piece of land...hmmm likely a large tribe will be looking at it, so if i place close i am likely to be forced out...yes better to move on" because there is a cooldown timer i would consider all options....heck make the timre six weeks for all i care!

Why would you limit the beginning for solo players like this?

I have paid my preorder just like EVERYONE else has, as a matter of fact there are a lot of solo players that have been here since you turned on the servers and to find out a week before the prelude you are telling us we can't play like everyone else?

In my opinion this is a crappy way to treat the solo players!!!
    It is relatively easy.
    YOU ARE TAKING UP PRECIOUS SPACE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED.
    That oughta do it.

I've paid just as much money to have a tribe location.. Why should a solo player in a multiplayer game be favoured over the others.. You are just solo. We are many many more.
    Go play fekking WoW if you want to solo.. (that was meant as a.. Come on, grow up and stop complaining that a game for once do NOT favour solo players.)

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    It is relatively easy.
    That oughta do it.

I've paid just as much money to have a tribe location.. Why should a solo player in a multiplayer game be favoured over the others.. You are just solo. We are many many more.
    Go play fekking WoW if you want to solo..
    That is a piss poor attitude. I will remember you... remember its not griefing, its me RP'ing a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    It is relatively easy.
    That oughta do it.

Go play fekking WoW if you want to solo..
    A 1 man tribe can grow in a 10+ tribe, you don't get to decide that every 1 man tribe will stay 1 man tribe for ever.

edit: yea black, let's find his ingame name and hunt his ass. Won't be able to do anything else anyway.