Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    This is not really a fair practice, I am not looking to steal someones location but i do intend to play solo and should the same starting ability as everyone else. If the solo players cannot place a totem for their hopmestead, they / we have nothing to keep us safe
    Also adding on to this, This game is built off of creating a world with others, so shouldn't everyone have the same chance? Not a select few or have a bunch of friends or more members?

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    This is not really a fair practice, I am not looking to steal someones location but i do intend to play solo and should the same starting ability as everyone else. If the solo players cannot place a totem for their hopmestead, they / we have nothing to keep us safe
    Completely my point, so for a "few" days solo players have to run around and hide or don't play at all in order to keep from getting killed and looted so that when we can place a "homestead" totem for safety, by then we have no tools or anything to work with.

ITT: Solo players that think the world belongs to them.

Should safe zones be removed for Prelude?Voters 126.
    Yes 25.40%
    No 74.60%
    By taking away the ability of a solo player to place a totem you did just this!! You removed the safe zones for solo players, and clearly the community thinks this is a bad idea!

Because solo players paid the same amount of money as everyone else, solo players should have the same abilities at the start of prelude as everyone else, this somehow makes them think the world belongs to them? How is this giving solo players an unfair advantage? How is this giving solo players anything other then the same thing everyone else gets? Why does this make the world belong to them?

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Completely my point, so for a "few" days solo players have to run around and hide or don't play at all in order to keep from getting killed and looted so that when we can place a "homestead" totem for safety, by then we have no tools or anything to work with.
    Its not supposed to be easy as a solo player in the first place and if you dont like sandbox PvP then play a different game. (Its not like EVERY player is going to gank you anyways.)

There are also plenty of ways to get around it. You have bins that you can drop and nobody can go in cept you, multiple ways to get tools and there are plenty of junkpiles in the mountains that I never see anybody at or are pretty damn hidden.

And if you die and get looted, whats stopping you from killing somebody else and taking their tools?

Also safe-zones were supposed to be removed later in the game anyways.
    (Although they may change their mind, ive seen a lot of debate about it.)

The only thing you cant do at the start is terraform and build, which I agree is a major downer.

Why is it, game designers decide to make announcements such as this 5 days before launch?

As for those saying solo players think the world belongs to them, this is a sandbox MMO, what happened to playing the way we wanted? The game/world is your sandbox, but you have to wait till those guys get set up first? bleh..

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Example of somthing being a troll and should be shot in the face...

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3715 View Post
    Its not supposed to be easy as a solo player in the first place and if you dont like sandbox PvP then play a different game.

There are also plenty of ways to get around it. You have bins that you can drop and nobody can go in cept you, multiple ways to get tools and there are plenty of junkpiles in the mountains that I never see anybody at or are pretty damn hidden.

And if you die and get looted, whats stopping you from killing somebody else and taking their tools?

The only thing you cant do at the start is terraform and build, which I agree is a major downer.
    Example of someone giving a good answer and making the opposite side of this discussion not seem like a bunch of annoying trolls. Thank you zeus

Its not supposed to be easy as a solo player in the first place and if you dont like sandbox PvP then play a different game.
    But this way they make it much easier for tribes and it was already easier for tribes.
    What is said before, make the area that a solo player can claim much smaller than for tribes.

I really cannot believe that they will go through with this idea, maybe they think this is a good way to force people to join a tribe.

If solo play is screwed, I may be out. I enjoy playing with a couple of close friends. Don't force me to get in a bigger group just t be able to have a safe zone and build structures.

Its not supposed to be easy as a solo player in the first place and if you dont like sandbox PvP then play a different game. (Its not like EVERY player is going to gank you anyways.)

One of the things I have enjoyed the most in the game is the ability to build my "own" spot in the world... do you own a home in RL? Know what it feels like to have a place to call home, to do with as you want? So this isn't RL but I still enjoy my own spot in the game to do with as I want. So instead, I am being told I have to run and hide in the mountains and come back after the world is well underway. I have to then search and find a small place to call home, and begin my life after everyone else has already been into it for a few days, even though I paid my dues, and have done as much as the next guy, and for that I get a big fat, "you can't do what you want in my sandbox till I say you can!"