Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pilok View Post
    But this way they make it much easier for tribes and it was already easier for tribes.
    What is said before, make the area that a solo player can claim much smaller than for tribes.

I really cannot believe that they will go through with this idea, maybe they think this is a good way to force people to join a tribe.
    I agree with that, smaller tribe zones would be nice but if you make a single person tribe it reserves a 50 tribe slot for the location, but how can you tell that tribe is going to be a solo tribe or a tribe thats just starting out?

Homesteads are the answer but sadly they aren't in atm.

Personally I would delay Prelude until they finish Homesteads.

And I would scrap the second server Idea too.
    (It is a lot easier to add another server after a week or two than find out the pop is too low and have to merge servers down the road,)

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    One of the things I have enjoyed the most in the game is the ability to build my "own" spot in the world... do you own a home in RL? Know what it feels like to have a place to call home, to do with as you want? So this isn't RL but I still enjoy my own spot in the game to do with as I want. So instead, I am being told I have to run and hide in the mountains and come back after the world is well underway. I have to then search and find a small place to call home, and begin my life after everyone else has already been into it for a few days, even though I paid my dues, and have done as much as the next guy, and for that I get a big fat, "you can't do what you want in my sandbox till I say you can!"
    Hypothetically, lets say you take a nice location along side the beach. You manage to log in first and grab it. However a 20 person tribe that was going to take the spot because they need a spot with a larger size to be able to sustain their numbers. Is it fair that one person can cockblock a tribe thats 20x bigger than his own just because he logged in first?

What will happen at prelude if they allow single person tribes, is that the bigger tribes will remember you took the spot from them. And then they will gank, grief and camp you.

It is a lot safer to separate the big tribes from the solo players. And it is a lot smarter to cater the bigger groups at first than the solo players.

By making it so you single tribes cant take land at the start they cut down on massive tribes griefing and ganking solo players.

Tbh, im going to guess that homesteads will be added a day after or two days after the start.

One of the things I have enjoyed the most in the game is the ability to build my "own" spot in the world... do you own a home in RL? Know what it feels like to have a place to call home, to do with as you want? So this isn't RL but I still enjoy my own spot in the game to do with as I want. So instead, I am being told I have to run and hide in the mountains and come back after the world is well underway. I have to then search and find a small place to call home, and begin my life after everyone else has already been into it for a few days, even though I paid my dues, and have done as much as the next guy, and for that I get a big fat, "you can't do what you want in my sandbox till I say you can!"
    Yes, I live in a private owned home, but I do not hold exclusive rights to the land it is on or around, the county does, and then the state, and then the country. So you could join a tribe/town/city and have a little plot of land just for you to build on, like normal citizens, but if you want to control the land, form a body of government large enough to seize it. And is that not the way it would work in RL? The game is trying to be realistic, and realisticly, safety comes in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3715 View Post
    I agree with that, smaller tribe zones would be nice but if you make a single person tribe it reserves a 50 tribe slot for the location, but how can you tell that tribe is going to be a solo tribe or a tribe thats just starting out?

Homesteads are the answer but sadly they aren't in atm.

Personally I would delay Prelude until they finish Homesteads.

And I would scrap the second server Idea too.
    (It is a lot easier to add another server after a week or two than find out the pop is too low and have to merge servers down the road,)
    yeah, that's what I mean, make the homestead a smaller area, let the solo players begin at the same time, and have the ability to place a totem for a homestead but maybe cut the size to 2/3 of a full tribal totem.

Its not supposed to be easy as a solo player in the first place and if you dont like sandbox PvP then play a different game. (Its not like EVERY player is going to gank you anyways.)

There are also plenty of ways to get around it. You have bins that you can drop and nobody can go in cept you, multiple ways to get tools and there are plenty of junkpiles in the mountains that I never see anybody at or are pretty damn hidden.

And if you die and get looted, whats stopping you from killing somebody else and taking their tools?

Also safe-zones were supposed to be removed later in the game anyways.
    (Although they may change their mind, ive seen a lot of debate about it.)

The only thing you cant do at the start is terraform and build, which I agree is a major downer.

This is NOT a sandbox PvP game. This is a sandbox world building game with a hint of open world PvP when necessary. Don't confuse the 2. I would say in response to you're comment... if you don't like cooperation and building a world then go find yourself another game to play where they just PvP... Like Earthrise.... but good luck with that abortion.

yeah, that's what I mean, make the homestead a smaller area, let the solo players begin at the same time, and have the ability to place a totem for a homestead but maybe cut the size to 2/3 of a full tribal totem.
    Or 1/10 of a full tribal totem. Seems fair considering they are only 1 person of the 50 it takes to fill out the tribal maximum...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Or 1/10 of a full tribal totem. Seems fair considering they are only 1 person of the 50 it takes to fill out the tribal maximum...
    1/10?

Tribal totem = what 100m across? so 1/10 of that would be 10m across, so thats 4 stone walls in a square end to end, not even enough room for 1 metal tent. Just so you know!

1/10?

Tribal totem = what 100m across? so 1/10 of that would be 10m across, so thats 4 stone walls in a square end to end, not even enough room for 1 metal tent. Just so you know!
    No, if I recall correctly its 125m in all directions for a max tribe, so 250m across. 1/10 that is 25m across for 1 person. Whereas in a tribe thats only 5m per person at maximum...

Quote Originally Posted by bwirth1999 View Post
    This is NOT a sandbox PvP game. This is a sandbox world building game with a hint of open world PvP when necessary. Don't confuse the 2. I would say in response to you're comment... if you don't like cooperation and building a world then go find yourself another game to play where they just PvP... Like Earthrise.... but good luck with that abortion.

Learn to read, kid.

I never said that this was a sandbox PVP game.

I said that if you dont like sandbox PVP then leave this game.

I never was talking about the "game" I was merely talking about an element in the game.

Back under your bridge troll.

Hypothetically, lets say you take a nice location along side the beach. You manage to log in first and grab it. However a 20 person tribe that was going to take the spot because they need a spot with a larger size to be able to sustain their numbers. Is it fair that one person can cockblock a tribe thats 20x bigger than his own just because he logged in first?
    How is this any different then if say Hopi gets to the spot that DHoV is wanting? The same thing will happen! So it's still whoever logs in first, can build the numbers and claim the land. However, if Hopi is not a warring tribe, DHoV is just SOL! Nothing they can do about it till the time comes, that "when" wars can be started, and we all know its not the main tribal area up for grabs, its the sub-totems that will be war'd over. Your point is valid and I agree but there is no difference in a solo player take a spot or a larger group taking that spot.

How is this any different then if say Hopi gets to the spot that DHoV is wanting? The same thing will happen! So it's still whoever logs in first, can build the numbers and claim the land. However, if Hopi is not a warring tribe, DHoV is just SOL! Nothing they can do about it till the time comes, that "when" wars can be started, and we all know its not the main tribal area up for grabs, its the sub-totems that will be war'd over. Your point is valid and I agree but there is no difference in a solo player take a spot or a larger group taking that spot.
    The difference is that if DHoV and Hopi attacked each other they both would have a chance a beating the other unlike a solo tribe.

And who says that DHoV or Hopi don't have any friends they can call on for help?

Also just because Hopi is not a warring tribes does not mean they are weak.

(Im not saying they have alliances tho, I just used them as an example)

Also. if a solo player took my tribes land.

I would cut down and destroy the wood of every tree in the area.
    I would then camp the junk piles for a bit.
    If I killed him I would destroy everything he had.

Just because he took my area.

We could completely skip this if we were able to take the area first.