Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    No, if I recall correctly its 125m in all directions for a max tribe, so 250m across. 1/10 that is 25m across for 1 person. Whereas in a tribe thats only 5m per person at maximum...

Just tested in game, I have a 1 man tribe and the distance from totem to side is 50m, so that is 100m across so 100m x 3.14 is 314 square meters of ownership for a solo player. 250m across (as you suggest is for a full tribe) x 3.14 is roughly 852 square meters of ownership so 314m / 852m is roughly 1/3 the size of play area. This is as it stands now in game, which I agree is a huge area for one person. You could cut this in half and give a solo player tons of room. Now this does not take into account growing that homestead. What if my son wants to start playing, my buddy down the street, and after a while I start to build a number of people that I want to play with. And decide to get a small village going, where does this fit into this whole thing. Why can I not have an area like everyone else, in the likelihood that I might be joined by others down the road?

A solution might be, that a homestead can NOT be converted to a town or village or have more then 3 members.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3715 View Post
    Also. if a solo player took my tribes land.

I would cut down and destroy the wood of every tree in the area.
    I would then camp the junk piles for a bit.
    If I killed him I would destroy everything he had.

Just because he took my area.

We could completely skip this if we were able to take the area first.
    AGREE 100% if a solo player goes out and stakes claim in the middle of a prime, flat, well suited for a larger tribe area, that solo player deserves EVERYTHING you could do to that person. I am not asking for anything like that, I am that player, much like a lot of the other solo players that are looking for that tucked away, out of sight, nice little niche areas to play a game we have been waiting for. That's the way we enjoy the game, why punish a player because they play the game differently then anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Just tested in game, I have a 1 man tribe and the distance from totem to side is 50m, so that is 100m across so 100m x 3.14 is 314 square meters of ownership for a solo player. 250m across (as you suggest is for a full tribe) x 3.14 is roughly 852 square meters of ownership so 314m / 852m is roughly 1/3 the size of play area. Now this does not take into account growing that homestead. What if my son wants to start playing, my buddy down the street, and after a while I start to build a number of people that I want to play with. And decide to get a small village going, where does this fit into this whole thing. Why can I not have an area like everyone else, in the likelihood that I might be joined by others down the road?
    This is my concern as well. Lets say opening day I have a group of 3, but have another 7 or so waiting. I will not beable to launch our tribal area until all 10 are confirmed?

Just tested in game, I have a 1 man tribe and the distance from totem to side is 50m, so that is 100m across so 100m x 3.14 is 314 square meters of ownership for a solo player. 250m across (as you suggest is for a full tribe) x 3.14 is roughly 852 square meters of ownership so 314m / 852m is roughly 1/3 the size of play area. This is as it stands now in game, which I agree is a huge area for one person. You could cut this in half and give a solo player tons of room. Now this does not take into account growing that homestead. What if my son wants to start playing, my buddy down the street, and after a while I start to build a number of people that I want to play with. And decide to get a small village going, where does this fit into this whole thing. Why can I not have an area like everyone else, in the likelihood that I might be joined by others down the road?
    Thats generally the problem.

I dont think I know enough about Homesteads to answer that.

Towns are created by having 10+ people, maybe Homesteads allow for 1-10 players.

And if you decide to make a town they have said that they are going to expand the land so you will have chances later down the road to grab more land.

I think a lot of these worries are baseless because we do not have an in-depth explanation of the limits of a homestead.

Their definition of solo to the devs could be different than what we think.

Thats generally the problem.

I dont think I know enough about Homesteads to answer that.

Towns are created by having 10+ people, maybe Homesteads allow for 1-10 players.

And if you decide to make a town they have said that they are going to expand the land so you will have chances later down the road to grab more land.

I think a lot of these worries are baseless because we do not have an in-depth explanation of the limits of a homestead.

Their definition of solo could be different than what we think.
    I think there are some give and takes for homesteads and for solo players or tribes with less then 10 people that can be decided upon that would still give these players the chance to stake a claim of land on day 1 of prelude just like everyone else.

What's going in before the final wipe?

As much as possible! At the moment we are focused on:
    - Crafting revisions.
    - Tribe placement corrections.
    - Differences between Tribes and Homesteads (single player totems).
    - Revised and safe starting locations.
    - Unstuck command.
    - Terraforming exploit fixes.

For the first few days after the final wipe, only Tribes of 10 members will be able to place totems. I may lower this number, based on current tribe sizes after I examine the database.

After a few days, solo players will be able to claim Homesteads.
    Why even put homesteads in the game before final wipe if you don't intend to use them till after prelude starts? Why not base lowing the number on how many players aren't in a tribe at all?

This was a really bad move. We shouldn't need 10 people to make a tribe. There will only be 3-4 of us playing as a group, So we can't have a tribe? One of the players is still trying to get the money together, so he may not be able to join us on start day. So we have to be handicaped? In most games I've played it's very hard to get 10 people together in a single town/village/whatever.

Plus, those of you crying about space in the game, He's talking about a euro server and a pvp server. Likely he would then need both a US and a euro pvp server to make the euro people happy. That's spreading the player base across 4 server. And still require 10???

He's going to need to activate multi-chars/account and allow players to bring in those alts to pump up the tribe size.

Why even put them in the game before final wipe if you don't intend to use them till after prelude starts?
    Testing purposes.
    (I may have not understood what "them" was used to define in your comment so I assumed the list)

There is also still time for them to add the things on the list before the wipe.

Testing purposes.
    Not everything on that list is in the game yet too.
    Wont have enough solo players left to test it! Solo playing is a major pull to the game for some... take that out at launch and there goes your solo group!

I think 10 might be too excessive, perhaps like 4-5 people (I am not biased, I am in a tribe of 15 people).

I know people who by chance have 2 accounts (maybe their friend bought the game and doesn't like it anymore). They could really screw up other tribes by looking where they are and then placing a one person tribe in their location come launch. I also see so many abandoned tribes. Someone tries the game, creates a tribe, doesn't like it and that's it. It's there for his/her 2 month subscription.

Walking around last night with my guy, I saw so many fires and tribes. Like 2 days ago, it was pretty open and not many tribes, in the last 2 days I am not sure how much space if even left that isn't on tribal lands. It's really not that realistic to have so many tribes and so much land use already claimed.

Also, I am not sure how the tribal safe zones are, but I could see a one person tribe (or alt) lay claim to a junk pile and just attack anyone that enters it, just to be a dick. This rule stops a lot of abuse, but hurts the people that actually just want to play the game as a solo tribe.

Xsyon Citizen
    gutted, I have been soloing, and love it. Now this places me at a distinct disadvantage for however many days is decided on. Maybe I won't log in until homesteads are in place, as I can't see the point in not having somewhere to call 'home', even if it is nothing much to look at.
    Bigger tribes are happy with open spaces etc., I like being tucked out of the way, doing my own thing, very disappointed with this.

Not into euro server either, even though I'm from uk, but hey, I guess I can see logic in that.