Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Maybe do not limit anything, but make totem a crafted object (maybe in firecamp craft so everyone have it) that needs several compos (but no tool), like a trunk, some feathers, some junk... So a solo player need naturaly more time while a tribe can gather everything in less time.

I was about to post the same thing, Tchey.

I still prefer it just being a smaller size, but that is a better solution than outright denying the hardcore solo/small group players.

Honestly why call yourselves a tribe? 5 people would be more of a group than a tribe. Not even enough people to master all of the professions. Big conformist tribe is an ugly thing to say. You should join a real tribe and then venture off to form a group homestead with your friends.

I think Xsyon has an idea with reducing the size of the 'homestead' totems, and putting a timer on them so once placed they can not be disbanded for 24 - 36 hours. This would keep the solo players to smaller areas of ground, and would stop them from just dropping a totem anywhere. If the player just makes a character, drops a totem and deletes the character, to just grief a solo player or a tribe, the totem should disappear as well as any other worldly items that character had.

I also think that 'homestead' totems should look different then 'tribal' totems, still be able to issue quests and such, but so that an on looker or someone coming into the camp would know its a 'homestead' and not a 'tribal' area.

Dontaze,
    "any aggregate of people united by ties of descent from a common ancestor, community of customs and traditions, adherence to the same leaders, etc." Definition of Tribe.
    As for mastering all of the professions, why would we need to? Toolcrafter, basketer, terraformer, fisher. Only ones you need when you first start. And that only requires two people.

Why havent tribes already claimed the spots they want, I noticed a majority of players always build in the same place EVERY wipe. A few do change locations but for the most part, people have already found the spots they want.

As far as 1 man totems being an issue, in Global chat the players complaining about all the 1 tribe totems taking up space arent leading 10man tribes themselves.... its another 1 or 2 man group looking for a spot.

Why set the number @ 10? I thought 10 was to make a tribe into a town. I can understand needing 2 or 3 people to form a tribe, but not 10. Put the number @ 3 to drop a totem, Towns created @ 10 and lets play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Honestly why call yourselves a tribe? 5 people would be more of a group than a tribe. Not even enough people to master all of the professions. Big conformist tribe is an ugly thing to say. You should join a real tribe and then venture off to form a group homestead with your friends.
    Big conformist tribe IS an ugly thing to say. Im pretty sure my guild and I are planning on making a city on launch (specifics pending), letting self suffecient citizens into the "tribe" and giving them a plot of land to build on. Come on, were all civilised, and civilised people live under law in a colony.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...rage-tribesize

So it would seem there are more tribes over 10 than there are under. According to the peanut gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Valr View Post
    Why havent tribes already claimed the spots they want, I noticed a majority of players always build in the same place EVERY wipe. A few do change locations but for the most part, people have already found the spots they want.

As far as 1 man totems being an issue, in Global chat the players complaining about all the 1 tribe totems taking up space arent leading 10man tribes themselves.... its another 1 or 2 man group looking for a spot.

Why set the number @ 10? I thought 10 was to make a tribe into a town. I can understand needing 2 or 3 people to form a tribe, but not 10. Put the number @ 3 to drop a totem, Towns created @ 10 and lets play the game.
    Personally, a single player has our spot we want to claim during wipe. We haven't been around too long, so we've been scouting the whole time we're playing. We finally settled on a spot for wipe. And we are determined to get it. Only problem: need 10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...rage-tribesize

So it would seem there are more tribes over 10 than there are under. According to the peanut gallery.
    More by 3%