Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    VeryWiiTee i am new here so dont take what i say too bad.....theres so much i dont know yet.

But to let you know the type of player i am. I will start solo because it is usually tough and harsh. i like that.
    Then when i get to know the game and people, i may join a tribe, even a city maybe. im not saying anything against tribes, i think the idea is great. I just find it unfair to punish the ones that plan to solo till the end.
    I'm not moaning about anything i class myself as pretty hardcore and dont think there is a company out that can turn me away due to being too tough.

Just trying to see it from others eyes thats all

Players starts with all skills because "solo players whined they couldn't do jack." You were literally screwed if you choose the wrong professions.
    - So yes, it benefits all if you want to call it a benefit. But who was it aimed for. You, the solo player, got your skills for your precious survival instead of interacting with tribes.

People, that was playing solo, was again up on their feet when they heard Homesteads were being taken out for revisions. They wanted a spot to call their own. Fine by me, seriously it is fine with me you get a tiny spot you can have your lulz on. Is it fine with the current solo tribes? Hell fucking no. Is the current solution good? Hell fucking no. Is it better than the previous way it would go. Hell fucking yes.

There are tribes that would, just as much as you, like to have a good spot. They do represent more players than your single wish to be exactly there. They do play a much more important part in this game than you would do as a solo player. Starting location, quests making, hubs, trading posts ect. (remember, no npc economy, quests etc..)

It is still pixels on a screen. How can I get enraged over something that is obviously non-existant the moment I shut down my screen. I can't so I won't. You guys are just so piss easily to tick off. It is like stealing candy from a child.

(I'm so tired of seeing it from other peoples eyes when it comes to games, because they always want more instead of being contend)

I'm part of a larger tribe, but I don't see the reasoning behind keeping solo players or small tribes from placing a totem. I mean, small tribes like that are probably going to avoid placing totems in high-traffic areas (if they are smart) simply based on the risk of running into others who might want to chop their heads off. Plus, once tribe territory becomes contestable (or if), these small tribes are going to have a problem if they aren't isolated.

Frankly, it just seems pointless to keep smaller group or solo players from dropping totems. And, for anyone who believes this game isn't about solo or small groups, you're wrong. Tribes are important, but it will be the neutral one-man homesteads and tribes that fill in the gaps and bring life to the world.

VeryWiiTee nobody her is saying we want tribal land for solo players.. what everyone is saying is that small tribes and homesteads should eb able to claim their land aswell at the same time the big tribes do. there Alot of 2-4 man tribes and teams out there, there allot of solo players and there are big 10+tribes. currently the 10+tribes get to play the game to the fullest from day one. everyone else is forced to wait around in the save starting area for days. (or go out scavenging for a few days..skill grind)

What you seem to think is that we want a -large- land mass just for us solo players. that never bin the point of this whole 14 page tread. every solo player is more then happy whit the small homestead, and smaller tribes would have np if they had a smaller tribe area. ( it should be based on member number anyhow)

as its now, only large tribes get to play the game for the first days as the game is intended to play.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Players starts with all skills because "solo players whined they couldn't do jack." You were literally screwed if you choose the wrong professions.
    - So yes, it benefits all if you want to call it a benefit. But who was it aimed for. You, the solo player, got your skills for your precious survival instead of interacting with tribes.

People, that was playing solo, was again up on their feet when they heard Homesteads were being taken out for revisions. They wanted a spot to call their own. Fine by me, seriously it is fine with me you get a tiny spot you can have your lulz on. Is it fine with the current solo tribes? Hell fucking no. Is the current solution good? Hell fucking no. Is it better than the previous way it would go. Hell fucking yes.

There are tribes that would, just as much as you, like to have a good spot. They do represent more players than your single wish to be exactly there. They do play a much more important part in this game than you would do as a solo player. Starting location, quests making, hubs, trading posts ect. (remember, no npc economy, quests etc..)

It is still pixels on a screen. How can I get enraged over something that is obviously non-existant the moment I shut down my screen. I can't so I won't. You guys are just so piss easily to tick off. It is like stealing candy from a child.

(I'm so tired of seeing it from other peoples eyes when it comes to games, because they always want more instead of being contend)
    hmm are you in a tribe by any chance? seems to me you want it all the way you want it...fair play to ya son!
    Trouble is others want it thier way too. Let me have a think on this....is he or right, is he wrong? are the solo players right? or are they wrong?

Answer: none of them are they are all just forming an opinion. ok i get it...you want it all easy mode, you join a tribe to make things easier for you! you can share resources to make it easier for you.....oh wait theres a little solo player threatening our vast empire! please devs stop it haha!

And you are wandering why some tribes get griefed? its this eliteist BS that cause it

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    I'm part of a larger tribe, but I don't see the reasoning behind keeping solo players or small tribes from placing a totem. I mean, small tribes like that are probably going to avoid placing totems in high-traffic areas (if they are smart) simply based on the risk of running into others who might want to chop their heads off. Plus, once tribe territory becomes contestable (or if), these small tribes are going to have a problem if they aren't isolated.

Frankly, it just seems pointless to keep smaller group or solo players from dropping totems. And, for anyone who believes this game isn't about solo or small groups, you're wrong. Tribes are important, but it will be the neutral one-man homesteads and tribes that fill in the gaps and bring life to the world.

^
    this is exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post

Exactly!
    if i was going to solo i would stay away from the areas i thought would be ripe for large tribes for safety reasons. or i would at least speak with them and see if they minded me setting up close. This is a world after all and not everyone is an enemy!

There is no reason why we shouldn't have all the skills ( at a reduced subset )

The whole basis of this game is about survival, there is no reason at all to believe that in a post apocolypse, that the remaining survivors wouldn't " Learn " to survive.

Even if you chose how to make tools, you would still Learn how to shelter yourself, or catch yourself some food, or cut down a freakin tree, you are right, it is about survival, and it's the solo players who are actually surviving.

The tribal aspect, which I also think is great, makes for a much easier ride into the world of Xyson, which is also good, if that is your method of playstyle, but frankly whether you like it or not there are many of us who are not going to choose the easy road, and tuff it out and enjoy the hell out of the game.

... People, that was playing solo, was again up on their feet when they heard Homesteads were being taken out for revisions. They wanted a spot to call their own. Fine by me, seriously it is fine with me you get a tiny spot you can have your lulz on. Is it fine with the current solo tribes? Hell fucking no. Is the current solution good? Hell fucking no. Is it better than the previous way it would go. Hell fucking yes. ...
    You seem to be quite agitated. When you hate solo players that much I have a newsflash for you: almost all players that come to this game start solo. They don't necessarily stay solo, but solo they start because they need to play the game before they can meet people to join a tribe or found one.

Sounds like you want this game to be exclusively for people that already have joined a tribe during beta and all other people can bugger off as far as you're concerned. Here's another newsflash: creating a game environment that is unfriendly to new players is not good for the longevity of the game.

You're a very narrow minded individual. Ever hear of the term "May the best man win!"? WEll if we all start at the same exact time and I nab your spot... its all fair. I will then work on making my tribe grow from there... your logic fails everytime you try to justify what you are saying. All you are saying is I have a pre-formed guild and we should get priority, how about playing the game like a game? Ever cross your mind? Dolt!