Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xsyon,is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    Lets say we have tribe A and tribe B.Both have 15 members And we have solo p1 and solo p 2.Solo p1 take tribe A's land,and solo p2 takes tribe B's land.So now we have 2 happy people,but 30 mad people.As a game owner what would you do?Their is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    Lets say we have tribe A and tribe B.Both have 15 members And we have solo p1 and solo p 2.Solo p1 take tribe A's land,and solo p2 takes tribe B's land.So now we have 2 happy people,but 30 mad people.As a game owner what would you do?Their is your answer.
    Sort of true... the problem I see is that lets face it... what else is there at the moment? PvP is non-existent and not really worthwhile, crafting is just starting to get fleshed out, and the world is exceptionally empty of any sort of npcs (deer, racoons, bears etc), really the only thing this game has going for it to make it stand out is it's terraforming and building at the moment. (I do really like the game's potential so far, I am just trying to be honest) If you take that away from all the new players 'just trying it out' before they get a chance to join a tribe etc, the games retention is going to be HORRIBLE.

Now if this was the plan all along they really should have done homesteads first and THEN tribes or made an option to merge homesteads into tribes as you and the neighbors decided upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    Not quite right. The 30 already-in-a-tribe population will be happy while hundreds of solo player will be displeased by the situation and will look for fun in some other place(game).
    As it is shown in one of the latest mmorpg.com's editorials, developers keep repeating mistakes nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Not quite right. The 30 already-in-a-tribe population will be happy while hundreds of solo player will be displeased by the situation and will look for fun in some other place(game).
    As it is shown in one of the latest mmorpg.com's editorials, developers keep repeating mistakes nowadays...
    Someone needs to learn to be honest. 40 people voted to keep safe zones. 110 people voted to keep safe zones. But why?

PvP players understand the consequences of no safe zones. They're not the same as PvE players think though. You shouldn't compare this game to others, such as Darkfall and MO where you simply get ganked. They were built solely on PvP and wars. Xsyon has PvP as a major feature, sure, but thats along with terraforming and crafting. PvE players seem to think that all tribes will greif. They won't, if they're smart. Public image will mean alot in this game. Crafters will not trade with gankers, putting them at a disadvantage, and rather sell to 'safer' tribes. Alliances and players will simply not interact with these gankers. PvP players will get their fix over conflict with legitimacy. These single minded PvPer's will be outstripped extremely fast by everyone who plays the game smart. You can't grief skills. Everyone spawns with a combat weapon because there are dangers out there, even NPC dangers.

You want to solo, sure, go ahead. But be smart about it. This is not peaceful mode, you're given a weapon for a reason. When a greifer comes along, do something about it. There are plenty of players here who would extract revenge on a griefer by killing them- in fact, this whole movement to re-instate safe zones would happily end someone trying to grief them, and assist other players in killing griefers.

You need to think outside your one-man safezone or you're going to loose your sandbox. If greifers get killed, greifers stay away.

And if you pay attention to the MMORPG forums are no good. The way they talk about World of Warcraft make it seem like guttershite when it's actually got 5.93 million years of manhours in playtime. I'm no fan of it, but I can accept that it's a great example of an MMO.

You say: "Someone needs to learn to be honest."
    Well, are you ?

P.S.
    MMORPG.COM is the reason I'm here and I never played WoW, while playing almost everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    You say: "Someone needs to learn to be honest."
    Well, are you ?
    Yes, I am, and here's proof. Also, those numbers aren't even truly accurate because I know 10 people who would vote against safe zones if they actually checked these forums. I'd imagine the numbers would be about 50/50, because the 191st has plenty of active members, but few are active on the forums. This applies both ways, I know, but it goes to show you that the numbers aren't just 30 tribed players and hundreds of solo players. ESPECIALLY considering that one of the largest tribes, the Hopi, are non-PvP past territory defence.

Im not againt save zones or against open warfare. I dont care about that. what I am against is a group of players being able to get first rights to a land area.

Save zones discussion is totally waisted, sure there be save zones now but as most know they will disappear at some point after prelude. the only reason i'm against a tribe head start is that -I- am stuck having no chance to claim a nice little homestead were I would like it. in a true land rush everyone gets to partake and there is still a chance of anyone being able to claim the little spot i have on my mind, but as its now I can go there and hrmm well start skilling my fishing watching tribes claming all the land and hunting those who have to wait for the homesteads to be enabled.

this discussion is not about save zones, the spaw area will be a save zone, its about equal chances.

If you were in our spot, we'd turn you out either way. Why? Because we want it just as bad as you do. Yes, its unfair. Yes it would suck. But its the way it is. You hate it, I hate having to deal with the backfire, but honestly? The game is meant to rebuild civilization.

Be a hermit
    Get protection from a peaceful tribe
    ???
    Profit.

We do have equal chances. I just have my equal chance combined with ten other people's equal chances.

Fair enough. But equal does not mean you will have the right to a safe spot and I won't just because I would not see the world rebuilt YOUR way.

Umm... you're actually suggesting the rebuilding here, mate.

Mister, please don't be mad...