View Poll Results: Xsyon EU Server

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 33.71%
  • No

118 66.29%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Lets be honest here, this is a niche game.
    As such, the population probably wont be very high.
    It makes no real sense to split the population by having multiple servers.
    In my opinion having localised servers will do more harm than good for this game.

I think you can do multiple servers for sandboxes. But only after the game has established itself and people understand and know how to play it (and you have a large pool of players). Then wipes/new servers are fun - and they are most importantly planned and motivated by the veteran players prior. Take Shadowbane for example.

Out of the gate though, we just need 1 server. Myself, along with the majority of people posting on this thread would rather be jammed full on one server suffering though bottlenecks than spread out across 2 servers with no one to interact with.

As a guild also, we would have had to worry about not only where to plant our totem but WHICH server to play on. And without seeing any of the numbers that would of been horrible if you picked the wrong one.

Good call on only rolling with 1 server on Friday.

Please do not split the population by making more than one server. This is already a niche game AS IS, splitting the population is a horrible idea. DO NOT DO IT!

we are one

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Yeah I am going to have to agree here....

I do not think enough promotion had gone into the game to allow for 2 servers atm.

We will see though. It's a risky move.
    You know, that the devolopers said, there will be one world server as long as possible? Jooky wrote it in this thread after seeing the huge negative feedback of the community about creating a European server.

I am greatly disappoint about this decision. This will split up so many people as this game is not a main stream game where we won't get as much population as other MMO. I have no lag at all and I played in Asia!!

I do suggest making 2 different lands in both servers that we can go back and forth with the same character, so we all can interact !!

I am so disappointed, and I hope this won't kill the game, or else I see this baby as another epic failure just because of one simple stupid decision who thinks can drag more money from other continents!

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dolmong View Post
    I am greatly disappoint about this decision.

I apologize. Couldn't pass it up.

Anyway, I think that opening the EU server at all would be a huge mistake, at any point. If anything, just do a multiple-server-one-world set up, like EVE.

I vote for no other server, including PVE or PVP servers. Just a single server to cater for the population, should that server fill up, then a second server should be opened ofcourse. If you're able to do that EVE Online setup of connecting all those servers up, brilliant. Players need players for this type of game to be enjoyable, and I'm glad you'll hold off opening anymore servers unless the capacity demands it.

Did you guys not read my post? Why would we even need a EU server when the game is slow and doesn't demand it (IE this is NOT fast combat like Darkfall and Mortal Online) The only reason to have faster ping is if you want to build a building faster...