Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 33.71%
  • No

118 66.29%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Just imagine there's only one server and play there. Problem solved!

Two servers, good/bad idea ?

Let one thing be clear: Xsyon is a niche game.
    It's not newbie-friendly, it's not combat oriented (for now), in the world of Xsyon you are alone and scared, at least at the begining. It means that the population will be very low unless the game is a huge commercial success (which would be a big surprise, not spitting on the game here, just trying to stay realistic). So is it really a good idea to split the already small community in two by launching another server ?

/discuss

Yeah this sounds bad for an already niche market. Didn't work out well at all for another sandboxy niche game, at least not for the players, splitting the community like this. I'm from New Jersey and I'd honestly rather be playing on a single server, even if it's on the other side of the world, than I would on a local server with a split community.

Regardless, I love the game and the community, and I will support whatever these guys decide to do, just seems a strange decision for a game where community is everything.

AGHHHH this really big fail

European players can play on US servers and americans can play on EU serves so you can keep your +30 tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakho View Post
    European players can play on US servers and americans can play on EU serves so you can keep your +30 tribe.
    yeah but why would you play on us if your ping is bad? why not just invest in server and interlink servers so everyone plays on one big server and everyone has good ping

Not terribly happy about it either, Im from the UK but will be staying on the US server.

A single server was one of the reasons I purchased Xsyon in the first place, really hate sharded populations, especially in such a niche game. There are just over 6000 accounts active on the forums at the moment, I expect at least half of them not to last past the 2 months included, after that things could become very quiet if the devs aren't careful.

All this before any of the extra landmass making up the bulk of the world has even been enabled...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoe View Post
    Let one thing be clear: Xsyon is a niche game.
    It's not newbie-friendly, it's not combat oriented (for now), in the world of Xsyon you are alone and scared, at least at the begining. It means that the population will be very low unless the game is a huge commercial success (which would be a big surprise, not spitting on the game here, just trying to stay realistic). So is it really a good idea to split the already small community in two by launching another server ?

/discuss
    I personally don't like the idea, but I see why the devs are doing it. Xsyon is essentially a twitched based game in terms of PvP, and no matter what happens PvP will eventually take over Xsyon as a main feature (at least once tribal warfare comes in). I think it would be unfair for EU players with 150-200ms (speculating) to face NA players with 16-32 ms in PvP.

I know in Darkfall when I was playing overseas I was crap in 1v1 cause I was constantly running 300+ ms.

Xsyon Citizen
    Polls ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    AGHHHH this really big fail
    I believe you have a choice to which server you want to play on. So if you all want to play on the NA server you guys can.