178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 33.71%
  • No

118 66.29%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by broo123 View Post
    but most of the time you will fight with people with same ping - and killing person that have large ping is not too easy
    it can be problem in fps games where you need precise aim - but in mmo its not that bad
    The devs plan revamping the combat system. When it's done, ping will be very important.

why did you start this thread and not add a poll? the discussion is already going on in another thread, so without a poll this thread is just splitting the discussion even more. add a poll.

I do not understand why the community, which still isn't very big, needs to be split up like this. I have enjoyed playing with people all over the world, and now all my my friends will be split up because they will stay on the server that gets them slightly better ping. This is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdemi View Post
    Ok, so we won't be able to take-over tribes after prelude? Have I missed something?
    We have no idea yet how things are going to play out, the only war talk so far has been in regards to extended land, and thats additional totems, not main tribal land. Weve no idea where the game will evolve to this next 6-12 months, have to wait and see

EU Server

Yes or No

Maybe this should be modified to will you move onto the EU server.

Personally im from the UK, wont be playing on the EU server, and dont like the idea.

I'm delighted to hear this.

My biggest reason is that I'm against all these pre-formed Tribes. By playing on a European server we will have the opportunity to allow the guilds to evolve much more organically. This will also mean the initial period is as much about meeting people as rushing to start maxing every crafting skill in the group.

Also PvP will be less affected by ping.

Best news yet.

PvP servers

We are considering setting up additional servers in both the US and Europe that will be more war oriented where we will remove safe zones and make some adjustments. At the moment this is very likely, but we have no set date for this.
    The European server was a curious move as i think we were all expecting an EvE style approach with one server and i think most of us in Euroland would have adjusted okay with the ping.

But what has really hurt Xsyon for myself is the announcement that there will be servers in the future with separate rule-sets, theres nothing worse for myself than a game that creates separate servers for different play styles.

So having become caught up in the hype about this game, where all playstyles looked to have a place in the world in true sandbox tradition, it now looks as though thats not the case, sad panda here.

I am extremely saddened at this, i can only hope that huge negative response from players will change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0dUs101 View Post
    Maybe this should be modified to will you move onto the EU server.

Personally im from the UK, wont be playing on the EU server, and dont like the idea.
    I disagree with that. I would move if a European server came, but i really hope, that the developers think about the decision and keep the complete community on one server.